|2013 Canadian Grand Prix - Preview|
|After the first two European races, Formula One's mid-season flyaway takes the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team to Montreal for the Canadian Grand Prix, Round Seven of the 2013 World Championship.
• Eleven of the 14 corners at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve are taken at below 160 kph
• Two of the past three Canadian Grands Prix have not featured Safety Car periods
• Brake wear is high, with the drivers braking from over 250 kph six times every lap
• Lewis has won the Canadian Grand Prix every time ...[Read more...]|
|Infiniti And Red Bull Racing: Monaco Grand Prix Preview|
|MONACO – Monaco is an unmissable spectacle – for the race itself with fans able to get closer to the cars than at any other circuit and of course for the glamor and history of Formula One's most iconic venue. It's the shortest yet most demanding track on the calendar, and the drivers love the challenge of this street race that's been hosting motor races since the 1920s.
With Mark Webber leading from the start of last year's Grand Prix to finish on the top step of the podium, and teamma...[Read more...]|
|AUDI MAKES SEBRING THE ‘HOME OF QUATTRO'|
|First race for the Audi R18 e-tron quattro in the USA
•Farewell event for LMP1 class with historic automobile exhibition
•Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich: 'Emotional race weekend'
Ingolstadt, March 8, 2013 – It is a debut and a farewell at the same time: the Audi R18 e-tron quattro contests the 12-hour race at Sebring (Florida) in the USA for the first time on March 16 and, in doing so, makes the legendary racetrack 'home of quattro'. At the same time, it is provisionally the LMP1 sports car...[Read more...]|
|Monaco Grand Prix: Race|
|Nico Rosberg converted second place on the grid into a second-place finish this afternoon at the 70th Monaco Grand Prix. Michael Schumacher retired from seventh position following a fuel pressure problem.
• Nico ran a one-stop strategy from P2 on the grid, starting on super-soft tyres and changing to softs on lap 27
• Michael was forced to retire on lap 64, owing to a fuel pressure problem that began to slow him on lap 58
• Nico has scored 59 points in the last four races, the most of any ...[Read more...]|
|Mazda And SCRAMP Confirm Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Partnership Through 2016|
|Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced it has extended its naming rights agreement for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with the Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP) for another five years. The agreement was ratified by the Monterey County Board of Supervisors and extends the two organizations' relationship, which began in 2001, through 2016. The world-famous Monterey, Calif., facility is home to one of the finest natural road-racing courses in the world, and...[Read more...]|