Mercedes-Benz Viano Vision Diamond: The luxury van as a chauffeured vehicle
• Exclusive exterior paint in black and diamond white
• An interior divided into chauffeur and passenger compartments
• Extravagant appointments down to the last detail
• Sound and light control wîth iPad2 or iPhone4 Stuttgart
– Mercedes-Benz will be presenting its Viano VISION DIAMOND superlative show car at the 2012 Beijing Auto Show (April 25 - May 2, 2012). This chauffeured vehicle makes a big impression right from the start wîth its black radiator grille, chromed grille louvers, and two-tone exterior paint job. A fine, shimmering gold line painted by hand separates the two body colors of black and diamond white, and a painted diamond adorns the B-pillar. The two-tone effect is repeated in the rims of the five-spoke wheels, and the brakes feature the words 'Mercedes-Benz' in gold.
The interior underscores the extravagant nature of the model as well. Luxurious appointments in the rear include a special innovative multimedia unit that allows passengers to choose between a business setting or a comfortable ambience for relaxing. Regulation of sunlight intensity in the interior
Source - Mercedes-Benz
The windows of the passenger compartment, as well as the rear window and the glass partition between the chauffeur and the passenger compartment, are all equipped wîth the Magic Sky Control system, which enables passengers to change the interior lighting conditions wîth just the push of a button.
This changes the color of the windows, an effect that is made possible by a liquid in the window glass that reacts to differences in electric current. The chauffeur's area is completely black in color, the seats and door paneling are covered in the finest nappa leather, and leather also covers the instrument panel, the §teering wheel, the gearshift, and the A- and B-pillars. The passenger compartment is entirely in porcelain white, from the carpet and the seats to the safety belts and the ceiling.
Champagne glass holders and an automatic Champagne bottle cooling unit
The passenger compartment features two top-of-the-line seating accommodations equipped wîth heating, cooling, and massage features as well as calf benches and footrests. Between the seats are cup holders and Champagne glass holders for the model's silver Champagne flutes, which appear at the push of a button. The side paneling has five bottle holders as well. The Champagne bottle retainer is equipped wîth a cooling system. Eight diamonds embedded in the interior trim refer to the lucky Chinese number eight and underscore the vehicle's luxurious atmosphere. Additional equipment features include the Bang & Olufsen 'BeoLiving Viano' high-end sound system, which can be conveniently operated via two iPad2 or iPhone4 devices. The mobile communication devices can also regulate the interior lighting and control the sound system for the model's 40-inch screen, which can be used for everything from watching television to surfing the Internet and participating in video conferences.
A special app was developed exclusively for this control feature; the devices are secured in a docking station in the center console.
The screen itself has a black aluminum frame and is situated behind the chauffeur area. The push of a button is all it takes to lower the screen and the partition. An intercom is available for communication between the cockpit and the passenger compartment. The vehicle is equipped wîth a W-LAN system that enables Web videoconferencing, among other things.