|2012 Impala PPV||2012 Impala|
2013 Chevrolet Impala PPV news, pictures, and information
2013 CHEVROLET IMPALA POLICE VEHICLE IS AN EFFICIENT PERFORMERVehicle Highlights
•3.6L V-6 wîth 302 hp / 225 kW and EPA-rated 17 mpg city / 28 mpg highway
•Quicker acceleration and higher top speed than other V-6 police vehicles
•StabiliTrak stability control includes performance mode and traction control
•140-mph certified analog speedometer and driver information center
•100-amp ignition-controlled main power supply under dash and in trunk
•17-inch steel wheels wîth high-speed-rated Goodyear tires
The Chevrolet Impala Police vehicle is an efficient performer, wîth a standard 3.6L V-6 that delivers 302 horsepower (225 kW) and EPA-estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. StabiliTrak stability control is standard includes performance mode and traction control.
For 2013, the Impala Police Vehicle is available in police patrol (9C1) or undercover police packages (9C3), offering large-car utility wîth midsize agility, along wîth power, roominess and style. Police-specific equipment includes battery run-down protection; electrical wiring harnesses; and lockout protection, which prevents the power door locks from locking the driver's door when the keys are in the ignition.
Additional vehicle highlights include:
• StabiliTrak ® stability control includes performance mode and traction control
• Front cloth bucket seats, wîth space between seats for police equipment
• 140-mph certified analog speedometer and driver information center
• 170-amp alternator
• 100-amp ignition-controlled main power supply under dash and in trunk
• 17-inch steel wheels wîth high-speed-rated Goodyear tires.
Impala's performance tops other manufacturers' V-6 powered police vehicles, including the Taurus-based Ford Police Interceptor (non-EcoBoost models) and Dodge Charger. In fact, during the Michigan State Police's annual benchmark evaluation of police vehicles (2012 models), Impala Police topped competitors with:
• A quicker 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds
• A quicker 0-100 time of 17.6 seconds
• A quicker quarter-mile time of 15.53 seconds
• A faster top speed of 150 mph.
Impala exterior features
• Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps are standard
• Daytime running lamps and automatic headlamps can be deleted
• Flashing light system for headlamps and taillamps is available
• Spotlamps and spotlamp provisions are available
• Exterior color choices: Black, Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic, Ashen Gray Metallic and Victory Red.
Impala interior details and features • Bucket seats wîth high-density foam, six-way power adjustment and seatback security panel
• Air conditioning is standard
• AM/FM stereo wîth CD player is standard
• Inoperable inside rear door handles, door locks and windows are available
• Cruise control is standard
• Common fleet key system is available
• 'Certified' speedometer is standard
• Flashing trunk lid warning lamps are available
• Auxiliary dome light is available
• Dome light and courtesy light made inoperative are available
• Remote keyless entry is standard
• Remote vehicle starting system is available
• Lamp, horn and siren wiring packages are available
• Jet Black is the standard interior color.
Impala Police performance
The Impala Police is powered by the LFX-code 3.6L V-6, which is rated at 302-horsepower (225 kW). It is a 60-degree design, wîth the cylinder block and cylinder heads cast in aluminum for low weight. A forged steel crankshaft provides optimal strength in the bottom end, while the cylinder heads include four valves per cylinder, wîth a dual overhead camshaft design incorporating infinitely variable cam phasing.
Additionally, optimized-flow fuel injectors and the integrated exhaust manifolds/cylinder heads promote lower emissions. The LFX's composite intake manifold also has a comparatively small radiated surface area to help it maintain excellent noise and vibration characteristics that are comparable to an aluminum manifold.
The 3.6L engine is backed by a six-speed automatic transmission that is performance-calibrated for police duty.
Additional powertrain and vehicle system features include:
• 2.44 axle ratio
• 170-amp high-output alternator
• Engine oil, transmission and power §teering coolers
• Seventeen-inch wheels wîth Goodyear P235/55R17 W rated tires.
Optimal vehicle handling is assured by Impala's four-wheel independent suspension. It features reinforced front struts, a reinforced aluminum engine cradle and heavy-duty front and rear stabilizer bars. The Impala Police car is equipped wîth four-wheel disc brakes wîth police-calibrated antilock and heavy-duty front brake pads.
StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard and includes performance mode and traction control.Source - Chevrolet
|CHEVROLET CRUZE DIESEL 46 MPG SETS HIGHWAY FUEL ECONOMY BENCHMARK|
|• Best Highway Fuel Economy of Any Non-Hybrid Passenger Car in America|
• Can travel 700 highway miles on single tank
DETROIT – The new 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel, delivers an industry best EPA-estimated 46 MPG on the highway – better than any non-hybrid passenger car in America. It will be available in certain cities this spring and nationwide and in Canada in early fall. Equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission, the latest addition to the Cruze powertra...[Read more...]
|CHEVROLET TOP PERFORMANCE BRAND ON TRACK AND STREET|
|Reinforcing the brand's success on the street and track, Chevrolet today showcased its new line of performance cars – including the all-new Camaro Z28, Corvette Stingray and SS Performance Sedan – at the New York International Auto Show. In 2012, Chevrolet accounted for one of four performance cars sold in the United States, and secured the Manufacturer's championships in NASCAR, ALMS, IndyCar, and Grand Am. Chevrolet the winningest name in motorsports for 2012 Chevrolet last yea...[Read more...]|
|JEEP® AT THE 2013 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW|
|•European premiere of the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee 2014: the most awarded Large SUV ever has been renewed in terms of internal and external design, technological contents and performance thanks to the new eight-speed automatic transmission •European debut for the new Jeep Compass 2014: revised interior and exterior design, new PowerTech six-speed automatic transmission and all-new safety features •European preview of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition: the new special-edition...[Read more...]|
|NEW CAR BUYERS RANK THE KIA SORENTO AND SPORTAGE AS THE BEST VALUE IN THEIR SEGMENTS|
|NEW CAR BUYERS RANK THE KIA SORENTO AND SPORTAGE AS THE BEST VALUE IN THEIR SEGMENTS IN NEWLY RELEASED CONSUMER SURVEY Fast-Growing Automakers'1 Popular Crossovers Top the Small and Medium SUV Segments in Strategic Vision's Total Value Index® Study •Sorento and Sportage combine world-class design, quality, safety and technology features with a low cost of ownership •Study finds vehicles with innovation have the highest value among buyers IRVINE, Calif., December 7, 2012...[Read more...]|
|Ford Celebrates Production Launch of the Only Front-Wheel- Drive Hybrid Transmission To Be Made in North America|
|•Ford's Van Dyke Transmission Plant adds hybrid transmission capacity thanks to a new, flexible assembly line supporting Ford C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid •Ford adds 225 new jobs at Van Dyke Transmission, bringing jobs in-house while helping deliver on its commitment to provide customers the power of choice for fuel-efficient vehicles •Ford and its suppliers invest $220 million to transform Van Dyke Transmission a...[Read more...]|
|2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2013|
|Aston Martin DB9|
|Audi AS5 Sportback|
|Audi RS4 Avant|
|Audi TT RS Plus|
|BMW Concept Active Tourer|
|Other models by Chevrolet|
|2012 Impala PPV||2012 Impala|