|JOHN SURTEES CBE ANNOUNCES AUCTION LOTS FOR THE 2016 HENRY SURTEES FOUNDATION TEAM KARTING CHALLENGE|
|• Tuesday 5 July 2016 – Mercedes-Benz World Circuit, Brooklands|
Team entries are shaping up well for the hotly contested Henry Surtees Foundation Team Karting Challenge, which will take place on Tuesday 5 July 2016. The event organised by John Surtees CBE, in co-operation with Brooklands Museum and Mercedes-Benz World will be staged once again at the iconic Mercedes-Benz World, Surrey and is free to spectate.
Each year the Brooklands Team Challenge receives tremendous support from t...[Read more...]
|Historic racing greats and magnificent tourers join the starting grid for RM Sotheby's multi-million Euro Monaco sale|
|• RM Sotheby's prepares for biennial Monaco sale, 14 May, during the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique weekend
• Latest highlights led by the only road-registered Porsche 911 GT1 Evolution in existence, and Niki Lauda's first Formula One car - a 1971 March 711
• Sale also features pre-war grand touring greats including a 1936 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Cabriolet A and a 1932 Horch 670 Cabriolet
• Handpicked roster of blue-chip automobiles also features a 1948 Tucker 48, a rare addition to any European...[Read more...]|
|HISTORIC LE MANS FERRARI 340 AMERICA TOURING BARCHETTA AND ‘MONTE' WINNING PEUGEOT 205 T16 ANNOUNCED FOR MONACO SALE|
|• Competition greats, including 1951 Ferrari 340 America Touring Barchetta and 1984 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 1 Group B, lead early entries for RM Sotheby's Monaco sale, 14 May during the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique weekend
• Known as one of the first 'big engine' competition Ferraris, the 340 America raced at 1951 and 1952 Le Mans 24 Hours and entered in nine Mille Miglia road rallies from 1984 to 2006
• Peugeot 205 T16 is one of the most iconic and successful Group B rally cars of ...[Read more...]|
|Techno Classica 2014: more than 30 racing cars to celebrate 120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor racing history|
|•Cars that were the heroes of magical moments put their stamp on this high-powered, most comprehensive show presentation
•With more than 30 vehicles, Mercedes-Benz Classic presents motor racing history in all its unique breadth and depth
•120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor sport in the focus of the leading international classic motor show
120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor racing history have produced a timeline of extraordinary victories which since 1894 also stand for outstanding innovations ...[Read more...]|
|THE UNDERDOG UPSET CHARLES DRESSING'S RETELLING OF SEBRING'S 1983 RACE|
|Americans love underdogs but hate losers. And we really love upsets because they turn reality inside out and generally make the mighty look weak.
So when anyone demands a prediction, I try to hide because I always remember some races that didn't quite go the way the experts reckoned: the 1954 Sebring 12 Hours, 1955 Monaco Grand Prix, the start of the 1958 Race of Two Worlds at Monza (not the whole race, but the start sure was a great moment for sports car types).
And then … there was the...[Read more...]|