2013 Chevrolet Express Cargo Van news, pictures, and information
2013 CHEVROLET EXPRESS CARGO VAN ADDS REAR VISION CAMERA AND REAR PARK ASSISTChevrolet Express Cargo is a versatile workhorse designed to make work easier and more accommodating. It is available in regular (135-inch / 3,429-mm) and extended (155-inch / 3,937-mm) wheelbase lengths.
The 1500 Series vans include light-duty models rated at 7,300 pounds (3,311 kg) GVWR. The 2500 Series includes heavy-duty models rated at 8,600 pounds (3,901 kg) GVWR. The heavy-duty 3500 Series includes full-bodied models rated at 9,600 pounds (4,354 kg) GVWR wîth the 6.0L gas V-8 and 9,900 pounds (4,490 kg) wîth the Duramax 6.6L diesel.
A wide range of features and configurations – including numerous powertrain options – offers many competitive advantages, wîth standard and available features that include:
• Fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmissions
• Right-hand (driver-side) cargo doors
• All-wheel drive
• Available 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine wîth B20 biodiesel capability
• Available locking rear differential
• Trailer rating of up to 10,000 pounds (4,535 kg) on 2500 and 3500 models
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard on all models
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio is offered wîth the available digital radio
• A ÚSB port is included wîth the available MP3-capable radio.
Express Cargo models are also available wîth a dedicated compressed natural gas package.
New for 2013 is a navigation radio, rear vision camera and ultrasonic rear park assist. The features are optional on 1WT models. The rear vision camera display is shown in the rearview mirror, unless the vehicle is equipped wîth the new navigation radio – where it is displayed on the radio screen.
Express design and exterior features
• Chrome appearance package is available and includes chrome front and rear bumpers and chrome grille wîth dual composite headlamps. Black-painted bumpers are standard.
• Swing-out 60/40-split passenger-side doors are standard.
• Sliding passenger-side door is available.
• Swing-out 60/40-split driver-side doors are available.
• Heated power-adjustable outside folding mirrors are available on all models.
• Heated power-adjustable outside folding mirrors wîth turn signal indicators are available on all models.
• Sixteen-inch steel wheels are standard.
• Seventeen- steel wheels are available on half-ton models.
• Ambulance prep package and hotel shuttle package are available.
• Exterior colors: Sandstone Metallic, Graystone Metallic, Dark Blue Metallic, Black, Dark Green Metallic, Summit White, Victory Red, Wheatland Yellow and Sheer Silver Metallic.
Express interior standard and available features
• Air conditioning (single-zone) is standard.
• Rear air conditioning is available.
• A range of audio systems, including CD/MP3 capability and ÚSB port, is available on all models. An audio system provision package is standard.
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio is available.
• Driver information center is standard on all models. A compass and outside temperature features are available.
• A rear auxiliary heater is available.
• An enhanced interior lighting package is available and includes three access panel lights and two roof-mounted lights in the cargo area.
• Auxiliary 12-volt power outlets (two) are standard and located on the interior engine cover.
• Remote keyless entry is available.
• Remote vehicle starter system is available.
• Six-way power-adjustable driver's seat is available.
• Leather-wrapped §teering wheel and §teering wheel audio controls are available.
• Power windows are available.
• Custom vinyl or cloth upholstery is offered in Neutral or Medium Pewter colors.
Express powertrains – 6.6L Duramax diesel
The Duramax turbo-diesel V-8 is offered in Express Cargo, delivering best-in-class torque and horsepower. Known by its 'LGH' engine code, it is rated at 260 horsepower (194 kW) and 525 lb.-ft. of torque (711 Nm).
To meet more stringent emissions requirements, the LGH Duramax was designed wîth a robust EGR cooling system, along wîth revised turbocharger tuning that helps enhance EGR performance. It also has a large-capacity selective catalytic reduction system. In fact, the engine features the latest in emission control technology, making it the cleanest Duramax engine ever produced. NOx emissions are controlled via a Selective Catalyst Reduction aftertreatment system that uses urea-based Diesel (Emission) Exhaust Fluid (DEF). The DEF is housed in a 5.83-gallon (20 L) tank and needs to be replenished about every 5,000 miles (8,000 km). Electrically heated lines feed the DEF to the emission system to ensure adequate delivery in cold weather.
The Duramax also includes GM's second-generation diesel particulate filter system. Únlike most competitors' systems, the Duramax regenerates its diesel particulate filter using a downstream injection of diesel fuel directly into the exhaust stream and can travel up to 700 miles (1,125 km) between regenerations – a 300-mile (482 km) increase over the previous Duramax engine. The use of downstream injection also helps improve engine life by eliminating concerns surrounding the possibility of diesel fuel contaminating engine oil, which can happen when fuel used for regeneration is introduced directly into the cylinder.
The Duramax also provides outstanding cold-weather performance, wîth microprocessor-controlled glow plugs capable of gas engine-like start performance in less than three seconds in temperatures as low as -20 degrees F (-29 C), without a block heater. The engine has been developed to operate for at least 200,000 miles (322,000 km) on a rough-duty cycle without the need for a major overhaul; and it is backed wîth a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
A fuel-operated heater (FOH) also is available for vans equipped wîth the Duramax 6.6L to quickly provide heat to the vehicle interior in cold weather. The seamlessly integrated system is designed into the Express chassis, saving customers the time and labor of upfitting an aftermarket system. The electronically controlled, fuel-operated heater operates automatically, turning on and off within parameters that include outside air temperature, fuel level, coolant temperature and whether the engine is running. It features a self-contained, pressurized auxiliary coolant heater (with a surge tank) that uses diesel fuel to generate up to 17,200 Btu/h (5 kW) of heating energy.
The Duramax engine is backed by GM's Hydra-Matic 6L90 heavy-duty six-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Express powertrains – gas/FlexFuel engines Chevrolet Express offers a choice of five gas/FlexFuel engines. The base engine for light-duty is the 4.3L V-6 wîth multi-port fuel injection. It delivers 195 horsepower (145 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque (353 Nm) and features a central fuel injector that delivers a separate flow of fuel to six individual hybrid injectors for better performance and improved emissions.
A 4.8L V-8 is standard on some models and cranks out 280 horsepower (208 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (398 Nm), while other models are powered by the 5.3L V-8. It delivers 310 horsepower (231 kW) and 334 lb.-ft. of torque (453 Nm), providing §egmènt-leading acceleration.
A FlexFuel E85 version of the 5.3L V-8 is available. It delivers the same horsepower and torque as its gasoline counterpart, while running on E85 ethanol fuel or a mixture of E85 and gasoline. E85 comprises 85 percent ethanol, a renewable fuel produced domestically.
Those seeking more power can opt for the 6.0L V-8 – the §egmènt's most powerful V-8. It delivers 324 horsepower (241 kW) and 373 lb.-ft. of torque (506 Nm). A fast-idle option makes it easier to run accessories at a work site. The 6.0L is also offered in a special version wîth hardened valve seats for the available Dedicated Compressed Natural Gas model.
The 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L engines are part of GM's Gen IV small-block V-8 engine family. Designed for quiet operation, these engines include:
• Special friction-reducing polymer coating on piston skirts
• Full-floating piston pins
• Damping patch on the oil pan (externally mounted)
• Timing chain tensioner
• Quieter alternator.
Backing the engines' quietness is the assurance of long-lasting performance. The engine family was validated under extreme conditions, wîth the 6.0L engine dynamometer-tested to the equivalent of 200,000 miles – 50,000 miles more than other engines in the family. The engines also feature many long-life engine components that can reduce maintenance intervals and costs. The iridium-tip spark plugs, engine coolant, accessory drive belt and sealing gaskets are some of these items.
Some of the stringent durability testing included cycling engines between the peak torque and peak horsepower rpm points – the equivalent of towing a heavy trailer up a steep grade – for 600 straight hours.
Models equipped wîth 4.3L, 4.8L and 5.3L engines are matched wîth the Hydra-Matic 4L60 four-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com) The 6.0L V-8 is backed by the Hydra-Matic 6L90 six-speed automatic.
An all-wheel-drive system is available for 1500 models equipped wîth the 5.3L engine.
Express chassis and suspension
The Express is built on a strong, ladder-type full frame architecture. The frame features fully boxed sections for greater strength and rigidity, while extended and tapered front frame rails are used for improved crashworthiness. Also, additional tubular frame cross members are used to increase torsional stiffness.
All models feature an independent short-long arm ( SLA) front suspension. A 33mm front stabilizer bar is featured on 1500-series models and a 35mm bar is used on 2500 and 3500 models. Two-stage, semi-elliptic multi-leaf springs are used in the rear suspension and help locate a semi-floating axle.
Additional chassis and suspension features include:
• Power-assisted rack-and-pinion §teering is featured on 1500 models.
• Hydroboost four-wheel disc brakes wîth ABS and dynamic rear proportioning are standard on all models.
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard on all models.
• A locking rear differential is available on all models.
• 31-gallon (117.3 L) fuel tank is standard on all models (except for dedicated compressed natural gas package)
• 7,300-pound GVWR on 1500 models.
• 8,600-pound GVWR on 2500 models.
• 9,600-pound/9,900-pound GVWR on 3500 models.
Express safety and crash-avoidance features
Express is equipped wîth a host of safety features, including available head curtain side air bags, which provide a higher level of protection in the event of a side impact or a vehicle rollover. Additional safety features include:
• StabiliTrak is standard.
• Tire pressure monitoring system is standard.
• Flat and convex exterior mirrors for a wider field of vision are standard.
• Lap and shoulder belts for the center seats are standard.
• Four-wheel anti-lock disc brake system wîth Hydroboost is standard.
• Driver and front passenger air bags are standard.
• Daytime Running Lamps are standard.Source - Chevrolet
|ALL-NEW 2014 JEEP CHEROKEE TO START AT $22,995|
|◾Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark 4x4 capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy of more than 30 mpg, modern and progressive new design, world-class craftsmanship, and an array of advanced safety and technology features ◾All-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee pricing starts at a U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $22,995 ◾2014 Jeep Cherokee is priced less than outgoing Liberty model, but offers more advanced technology and safety features, significantly improved...[Read more...]|
|Subaru Holds The Line On 2014 Legacy® And Outback® Pricing|
|• Most versions keep same MSRP as 2013 models. • 2014 Legacy 2.5i starts at $20,295. • 2014 Outback 2.5i starts at $23,495. • EyeSight™ driver assistance feature now available on more models. Cherry Hill, N.J., - Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the 2014 Legacy and Outback model lines, with most versions having no increase over the 2013 models. Starting at $20,295, the 2014 Subaru Legacy remains the most affordable midsize all-wheel drive sedan in America. The 20...[Read more...]|
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle|
|- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle - Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas - Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler) May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand...[Read more...]|
|Nissan Announces U.S. Pricing For 2014 Versa Sedan|
|NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan is getting the jump on the 2014 model year with today's introduction of the 2014 Nissan Versa Sedan. Pricing for the new model year is unchanged from 2013 – including offering the lowest starting Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (M.S.R.P.*) in America** for the third consecutive year with a starting price of just $11,990 for the 2014 Nissan Versa Sedan S. The 2014 Versa Sedan is available now at Nissan dealers nationwide. As in previous years, the 2014 V...[Read more...]|
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2013|
|Alfa Romeo Disco Volante Touring|
|BMW Z4 GTE|
|Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse WRC|
|Other models by Chevrolet|
© 1998-2012. All rights reserved. The material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.