|2012 CTS||2012 CTS Sport Sedan||2014 CTS|
Image credits: © Cadillac. GM Corp.
2013 Cadillac CTS news, pictures, and information
2013 CADILLAC CTS COUPE DELIVERS DRAMATIC STYLE AND PERFORMANCECadillac CTS Coupe is a dramatic, 2+2 rear-drive sports coupe wîth a design transferred virtually unchanged from the concept vehicle that inspired it. Offered in Base, Performance and Premium Collections, all models feature a powerful and efficient 3.6L engine, rated at 318 horsepower (237 kW) and delivering an EPA-estimated 27 mpg on the highway.
The CTS Coupe has the same wheelbase as the CTS Sedan, but an overall height that is approximately two inches (51 mm) lower and an overall length that is two inches (51 mm) shorter. While it is based on the same architecture, the CTS Coupe shares only the instrument panel, console, headlamps, front fenders and grille wîth its Sedan sibling. Its distinctive features include:
• Classic hardtop styling, wîth no conventional B-pillar
• Touch-pad operation for the doors removes the need for conventional door handles, creating a technical, clean profile
• A windshield laid at a faster angle (62.3 degrees) and a long, nearly horizontal backglass area combine to create a dramatic profile
• Sculpted lower front fascia wîth unique brake-cooling vents
• Rear fascia wîth mesh lower grilles
• Center-outlet exhaust wîth twin dihedral-shaped tips that pass through the rear fascia
• Signature vertical lighting, highlighted wîth LED light pipes
• Rear spoiler integrated into the signature center high-mounted stop lamp
• Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
The CTS Coupe complements a range of models and body styles that includes CTS Sedan, Wagon and the high-performance V-Series. All-wheel drive is available, along wîth Touring and Performance packages that enhance the appearance and sporting driving feel.
Continuous improvements have helped keep the CTS family at the top of customer consideration lists and earn critical praise. That legacy continues in 2013, as the CTS Coupe receives a new grille finish, new exterior color choices – Glacier Blue Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic and Summer Gold Metallic – and the adaptive remote vehicle starting system is now standard on all models.
Please see separate releases for CTS Wagon and CTS Sedan. Also, please see the separate release for CTS-V Coupe.
CTS Touring Package and Performance Package
The CTS Touring Package edition is available on the Premium Collection. Highlights include:
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels
• Microfiber suede-trimmed §teering wheel rim and shift knob
• Sport alloy pedals
• Sport grille and V-Series center brake light
• Midnight Sapele wood trim package
• Recaro performance seats
• Available microfiber suede seat inserts in Ebony or Light Titanium.
The Performance Package is offered on the Performance Collection and is included wîth the Touring Package on the Premium Collection. It features:
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels and summer performance tires
• Steering wheel-mounted paddle shift controls for the automatic transmission
• Performance cooling system
• Performance suspension
• Performance brake system.
CTS Coupe exterior features
The CTS's distinctive shield-shaped front grille was redesigned in 2012 and is updated again for 2013 wîth a bright appearance on the vertical and horizontal bars that compose the grille's frame. Models equipped wîth the CTS Touring Package feature a grille wîth dark vertical and horizontal bars.
Additional standard and available exterior features include:
• High-intensity discharge headlamps wîth Adaptive Forward Lighting System are standard on Performance and Premium Collections
• Halogen headlamps wîth windshield wiper-activated Twilight Sentinel feature are standard on the Base model
• Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors are standard on all models
• Rainsense automatic windshield wipers are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels wîth multi-coat painted finish are standard on the Base model
• Eighteen-inch aluminum high-polish wheels are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Nineteen-inch polished aluminum wheels are available on Performance and Premium RWD models
• Exterior colors: Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Black Diamond Tricoat, Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricoat, Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, Opulent Blue Metallic, Glacier Blue Metallic, Silver Coast Metallic and Summer Gold Metallic.
CTS Coupe interior
The interior of the CTS Coupe emphasizes technical precision wîth hand-crafted details. An integrated center stack design – wîth a satin metallic finish – blends into the lower instrument panel that sweeps forward and away from front-seat occupants.
Available heated and ventilated seats incorporate 'thin-seat' technology for maximum occupant comfort and enhanced rear-seat leg, knee and foot room. French stitching is used throughout the interior, including the upper instrument panel, door inserts, seats and the shifter boot.
Standard and available features include:
• Audio system wîth navigation, including AM/FM stereo, CD/DVD player, MP3 playback, Bose Surround Sound wîth 10 speakers, 40-gig hard drive and ÚSB wîth audio connectivity is standard on Premium and available on Performance
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio wîth three-month trial service is standard on all models
• Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models
• Adaptive remote vehicle start is standard on all models
• Ambient lighting package is standard on Premium and available on Performance.
• Últrasonic rear park assist is standard on all models
• Rearview camera system is standard Performance and Premium
• Side blind zone alert is standard on Performance and Premium
• Front bucket seats wîth power eight-way driver and passenger adjustment and articulating head restraints are standard on all models
• Heated and cooled front seats are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Recaro performance seats are included wîth Premium when equipped wîth the Touring Package
• Leather-trimmed §teering wheel wîth wood trim is standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Heated §teering wheel is standard on Premium and available on Performance.
• Power sunroof is available on Performance and Premium
• Wood trim packages wîth Sapele wood accents are standard on Premium and available on Performance
• Interior color and trim: Ebony seats wîth Ebony trim, Light Titanium seats wîth Ebony trim, Cashmere seats wîth Ebony trim, Ebony seats wîth Ebony microfiber suede inserts (Touring Package only) and Light Titanium seats wîth Light Titanium microfiber suede inserts (Touring Package only).
CTS Coupe powertrain
The CTS Coupe's 3.6L direct-injected V-6 delivers an SAE-certified 318 horsepower (237 kW). Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. Examples include a composite intake manifold that saves approximately 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg) over the weight of a comparable aluminum intake and an integrated cylinder head/exhaust manifold design that saves approximately 13 pounds (6 kg) per engine.
The Hydra-Matic 6L45 six-speed automatic transmission is standard on all CTS Coupe RWD models. The Hydra-Matic 6L50 is used wîth AWD models.
CTS Coupe chassis and suspension
The CTS chassis enables a great balance of performance and luxury. The hardware includes structural enhancements via a tower-to-tower brace; large, four-wheel disc brakes and a ZF §teering rack. Two suspension tuning packages are available: Sport and Performance.
The Sport suspension is standard on all models and the Performance suspension is available on Performance and Premium trim levels wîth RWD. Its contents include 19-inch aluminum wheels and summer tires, rear load leveling and speed-sensitive variable-assist §teering.
Suspension tuning for the CTS Coupe is different from Sedan and Wagon models, wîth specific stabilizer bar diameters and spring rates. Additional features and details include:
• An independent short/long arm (SLA) front suspension system, featuring low-mass aluminum for the upper and lower control arms, as well as the knuckles
• A multi-link rear suspension wîth a fully isolated subframe
• StabiliTrak electronic chassis control system is standard. It is integrated wîth the car's standard four-channel ABS wîth the full-function traction control, as well as the hydraulic brake assist and engine control systems
• A power-assisted rack-and-pinion §teering system
• Four-wheel disc brakes wîth four-channel ABS.
CTS Coupe safety and crash-avoidance features
CTS Coupe is designed to enhance Cadillac's reputation for providing safe occupant environments in luxury vehicles. Standard and available features include:
• Dual-stage driver front air bag
• Segment-first dual depth front passenger air bag
• Driver and front passenger side seat-mounted pelvic/thorax side air bags
• Roof-rail side curtain air bags wîth rollover protection technology that cover front and rear seating rows
• Front safety belt pretensioners
• Tire pressure monitoring system
• Body structure wîth strategically placed high-strength steel
• Active head restraints for front seat occupants
• Últrasonic rear parking assist
• Side blind zone alert
• Rearview camera system.
CTS and OnStar
One year of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on CTS Coupe. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
CTS Coupe features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.
|Cadillac Enhances Certified Pre-Owned Benefits|
|Cadillac today announced enhancements to one of the most comprehensive certified pre-owned vehicle programs in the luxury vehicle industry, including higher levels of warranty coverage and benefits for owners and shoppers. Effective today, Cadillac's Certified Pre-Owned program will extend vehicle coverage to match the new-vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty for up to six years or 70,000 miles, whichever comes first. Cadillac now covers more of its certified pre-owned vehicles than BMW, Mercede...[Read more...]|
|Land Rover Celebrates 65 Years Of Technology And Innovation|
|SIXTY-FIVE YEARS OF LAND ROVER From our earliest days, the desire to create a vehicle that will tackle any terrain has made Land Rover famous around the world. Over the past 65 years, the Land Rover family has grown into the highly respected range of vehicles that are sold in record numbers today. As Land Rover continues to go from strength to strength, we thought it was time to look back at the milestones in our history that have got us here. The last 65 years have been an adventure. ...[Read more...]|
|Chrysler Wants To Show Off Your Customized Chrysler Brand Vehicle|
|- Grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, a luxury vacation package for two and a two-year lease of a Chrysler vehicle - Three contest finalists will attend the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on Nov. 8 in Las Vegas - Participants can enter the 'Chrysler Custom Challenge' via the Chrysler brand's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Chrysler) May 1, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Chrysler brand...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2013 Cadillac models|
|Chrysler 300 Glacier|| :|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2013|
|Acura NSX Concept|
|Aston Martin DB9|
|Audi Crosslane Coupé Concept|
|Audi R8 China Edition|
|Audi R8 Spyder|
|Audi R8 V10|
|Other models by Cadillac|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2013 Detroit Auto Show|
60 / Sixty
Series 70 and 80
|2012 CTS||2012 CTS Sport Sedan||2014 CTS|