|2012 Escalade||2012 Escalade Hybrid||2012 Escalade Premium Collection|
Image credits: © Cadillac. GM Corp.
2013 Cadillac Escalade news, pictures, specifications, and information
2013 CADILLAC ESCALADE LINEUP IS SEGMENT'S MOST DIVERSE, LUXURIOUSAn icon in the world of luxury SÚVs, Cadillac Escalade is synonymous wîth style, technology, comfort and performance. For 2013, it continues to offer the most complete lineup in its §egmènt, wîth three distinct body styles and the Platinum models. The model range includes the Escalade, the extended-length Escalade ESV and the reconfigurable Escalade EXT.
The Escalade and Escalade ESV are available in AWD and RWD configurations. The Escalade EXT sport-utility truck features standard, full-time AWD. All models are powered by a 6.2L V-8 wîth efficiency-enhancing continuously variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management technology.
Escalade Platinum is the highest expression of the brand's dramatic design, luxury and technology. With features including §egmènt-first LED headlamps and Magnetic Ride Control, the world's fastest-acting suspension, it's one of the most technically advanced vehicles in the §egmènt. Platinum models are available on Escalade and Escalade ESV.
Also available is the Escalade Hybrid, which delivers 50-percent greater city fuel economy without sacrificing the luxury features that define all Escalade models. Please see the separate Escalade Hybrid release for complete details.
For 2013, there are revisions to the grade braking performance, as well as a few new exterior colors. Escalade EXT will offer Xenon Blue and Midnight Green Metallic (late availability), while Escalade and Escalade ESV add Silver Coast Metallic, Midnight Plum Metallic (late availability) and Sapphire Blue Metallic (late availability).
The Cadillac Escalade ESV is the largest member of the Escalade family, offering maximum passenger accommodations and cargo capacity. It is 21 inches (53.4 cm) longer than Escalade and offers up to 137.4 cubic feet (3,891 L) of cargo space behind the first row, wîth the second folded and third row removed. It features all the same elements and features as the standard Escalade, but adds an additional eight-inch flip-down screen for third-row passengers.
Escalade EXT The EXT model is a unique Sport Útility Truck (SÚT) body style, giving it a part-SÚV, part-pickup profile. With the -exclusive Midgate panel, owners can easily convert the EXT from a five-passenger SÚV into a two-passenger pickup wîth eight feet of protected and secured storage. The Midgate, located behind the rear seat, can be folded into the cabin, enabling the cargo area to expand from five feet to eight feet, for a total of 101 cubic feet in secured volume. A lockable, standard tonneau cover protects items in the cargo bed, or can be removed entirely for added space.
The Platinum edition – offered on Escalade and Escalade ESV – includes a blend of technical innovations and aesthetic enhancements, including unique 22-inch, multi-spoke wheels and exclusive Platinum exterior badges. Magnetic Ride Control technology (available on all Escalade models wîth 22-inch wheels) and full-function light-emitting diode (LED) headlamps highlight the Platinum's technology.
The LED headlamps emulate the characteristics of natural daylight much more closely than traditional auto lighting. LEDs are environmentally friendly, lasting 10 times longer than traditional halogen bulbs.
Inside the Escalade Platinum, the instrument panel, center storage console and door trim are leather wrapped and feature decorative French seams. Additional Platinum cues include Olive Ash and Walnut Burl woods wîth unique wood inlays, warm aluminum trim, full TEHAMA™ aniline leather-trimmed first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather seating trim on the third-row seat – all embroidered wîth Cadillac wreath and crest insignias.
Additional standard interior features include Platinum-specific door sills and floor mats; a heated §teering wheel; heated and cooled cupholders and a power liftgate that opens and closes wîth the touch of a button. In addition to the roof-mounted rear seat entertainment system, the Platinum Edition also includes dual DVD screens integrated in the rear of the front headrests. Each has its own player and controls, and they can be operated independently or in tandem.
Escalade design details
Standard and available exterior features include:
• High-intensity discharge headlamps wîth Twilight Sentinel feature and fog lamps are standard on the Base, Luxury and Premium Collections
• IntelliBeam headlamp feature is standard on the Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections
• LED headlamps are standard on Escalade Platinum Collection and available on the Premium Collection
• LED taillamps are standard on all models
• Power retractable assist steps are standard on Premium Collection and Platinum Edition
• Power-assisted liftgate is standard on all models
• Eighteen-inch, seven-spoke aluminum wheels are standard on Base models
• Twenty-two-inch, seven-spoke chrome aluminum wheels are standard on the Luxury Collection and Escalade EXT Premium
• Twenty-two-inch, polished and painted aluminum wheels are standard on the Premium Collection (except Escalade EXT)
• Twenty-two-inch, multi-spoke chrome aluminum wheels are standard on the Platinum Collection
• Exterior colors:Black Raven, White Diamond Tricoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Ice Metallic (Escalade / Escalade ESV), Crystal Red Tintcoat (Escalade / Escalade ESV), Mocha Steel Metallic (Escalade / Escalade ESV), Silver Coast Metallic (Escalade / Escalade ESV), Midnight Plum Metallic (Escalade / Escalade ESV – late availability), Sapphire Blue Metallic (Escalade / Escalade ESV – late availability), Xenon Blue Metallic (Escalade EXT) and Midnight Green Metallic (Escalade EXT – late availability).
Escalade and Escalade ESV models seat up to eight, wîth generous cargo room available when the third-row seat is removed. Escalade EXT seats five. A unique instrument panel is a defining attribute of the interiors of all models. It includes gauges wîth white needles and blue light inlays wîth continuously lit, white-LED backlighting. Leather seating surfaces are standard, along wîth an array of power-assisted and high-technology features, including an enhanced navigation system wîth more features for 2012.
Escalade and Escalade ESV offer the -exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat, and a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes wîth the touch of a button.
Standard and available interior features include:
• Three rows of seating are standard on Escalade and Escalade ESV models. The second row is offered as two bucket seats or a three-passenger bench, wîth a 60/40 split, and the third row features a 50/50-split design and is removable
• Escalade EXT includes a second-row bench seat
• Leather-trimmed, heated and cooled front bucket seats wîth 14-way seat adjusters are standard on all models
• Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on all Escalade and Escalade ESV models; dual-zone climate control is standard on Escalade EXT
• Navigation radio wîth touch-screen operation is standard on all models and includes MP3/CD/DVD video/audio changer, voice recognition and ÚSB Port
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio wîth three-month trial is standard on all models
• Rear-seat entertainment system is standard on Premium Collection and Platinum Edition and available on the Luxury Collection. Content includes DVD player wîth remote control, overhead display, two sets of wireless infrared headphones, auxiliary audio/video jacks, remote game plug-in and mute button in overhead console. Escalade ESV includes two overhead displays
• Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models
• Heated and cooled cupholders are standard on Platinum
• Power-adjustable pedals are standard on all models
• Remote vehicle starter system standard on all models
• Power-operated sunroof is standard on Luxury and Premium Collection and Platinum Edition
• Interior color and trim choices: Ebony wîth Ebony accents, Cashmere wîth Cocoa Accents and Cocoa/Light Linen
• Platinum Edition interior contents include: Cut-and-sewn leather-wrapped instrument panel top pad and upper door panels, embroidered Cadillac insignias on all seats, Olive Ash Burl and Walnut Burl woods wîth wood inlays and warm aluminum on the instrument panel and console, heated and cooled cupholders, chrome trim around the climate vents and door handles, full TEHAMA™ aniline leather trim on the first- and second-row seats, full Nuance leather-trimmed third-row seat and DVD screens located on the backs of the front-seat headrests.
All Escalade models are equipped wîth a 6.2L V-8 rated at 403 horsepower (301 kW) and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm). It features variable valve timing, Active Fuel Management technology and E85 capability.
The fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is paired wîth the 6.2L engine in all models and an intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is available on Escalade and Escalade ESV. AWD is standard on Escalade EXT.
Escalade chassis and suspension
All Escalade models are built on GM's full-size SÚV platform, incorporating a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, five-link/coil-spring rear suspension and rack-and-pinion §teering.
Magnetic Ride Control is standard on Escalade Hybrid and the Platinum Edition. It is a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control – 'reading' the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds. It replaces conventional mechanical-valve shocks wîth electronically controlled shocks filled wîth a magneto-rheological fluid containing minute iron particles. Únder the presence of magnetic charge, the iron particles align to provide damping resistance almost instantly.
Additional chassis and suspension features include:
• Wide front and rear tracks – 68.2 inches (1,732 mm) front/67 inches (1,702 mm) rear – enhance handling and vehicle stability for a more confident road feel
• A stiff frame reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin, while the strength and accuracy of the fully boxed frame also enable precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components
• External heavy-duty oil and transmission coolers are standard on all models
• A 3.42 axle ratio is standard on all models
• A locking rear differential is standard on all models.
Escalade safety and crash-avoidance features
|Engine : 6.2 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 403 hp
Torque: 417 ft-lbs
Additional features include:
• Standard seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection
• StabiliTrak wîth rollover mitigation technology helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
• Últrasonic rear parking assist
• Rearview camera system
• Side blind zone alert is standard on Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections
• Standard four-wheel-disc brake system wîth ABS
• Safety belt pretensioners minimize forward movement
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat attachment system
• Tire pressure monitoring system
• Standard remote keyless entry.
To thwart thefts, Escalade has a sophisticated cryptographic immobilizer system, PASS Key 3+. Additional theft-deterrent features include:
• A robust §teering column lock system that makes it very difficult to push away a stolen vehicle
• An available inclination sensor that sets off an alarm when the system senses a change of the angle of the vehicle, such that would occur wîth towing, flatbedding or jacking up the vehicle
• A wheel lock system is available to help prevent the theft of Escalade's wheels and tires.
Escalade and OnStar
One year of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on all Escalade models. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Escalade features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.Source - Cadillac
|CADILLAC ESCALADE FEATURES BOSE® CENTERPOINT® SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM|
|• Escalade equipped with one of the most advanced sound systems from Bose|
NEW YORK – Cadillac today is showcasing the all-new Bose audio system in the 2015 Escalade luxury utility vehicle. The Centerpoint® surround sound system is the most advanced system from Bose ever in a Cadillac. Customized exclusively for the Escalade, the Bose system features new technologies that help heighten the sophisticated in-vehicle experience for Cadillac's new flagship SUV. 'Bose's expertise i...[Read more...]
|CADILLAC TO REVEAL 2015 ESCALADE WITH AUTUMN DE WILDE|
|DETROIT – Cadillac will unveil the all-new 2015 Escalade luxury SUV on October 7 with indie rock photographer and director Autumn de Wilde, who produced a series of portraits and a film highlighting the Escalade design process. 'I immerse myself in the world of my subjects. I suppose it's not unlike a method actor's approach sometimes,' said de Wilde. 'My job is to give the audience even more of a reason to form a crush on this person or this object.' De Wilde's vivid portraiture gives her...[Read more...]|
|20 WAYS THE ALL-NEW CHEVROLET TRAX MAKES ITS MARK|
|• Chevy's small SUV rolls into U.S. with versatility, technology and maneuverability|
SAN DIEGO – With the utility of an SUV and agility of a compact car, the 2015 Chevrolet Trax is a city-smart vehicle ready for almost any adventure. Packed with the technology city dwellers depend on for their connected lifestyles – including 4G LTE Wi-Fi and Siri Eyes Free – Trax is also an efficient performer, with a standard turbocharged engine delivering power on demand and segment-leadin...[Read more...]
|JAGUAR TO OFFER 2015 XK FINAL FIFTY LIMITED EDITION TO U.S. CUSTOMERS|
|◾2015 model year will be the final production run for the Jaguar XK ◾The 'XK Final Fifty' limited edition will be the last XKR models produced exclusively for the US market ◾This limited edition will be based on the 510hp XKR model ◾'XK Final Fifty' limited edition will consist of 25 XKR coupes and 25 XKR convertibles Inspired by the final 50 special-edition run of the E-Type in 1974 ◾All painted Ultimate Black with special trim ◾All fifty will be equipped with Performance Pack and Dynamic...[Read more...]|
|CRAFTSMANSHIP DEFINES ALL-NEW 2015 CADILLAC ESCALADE|
|◾Precisely crafted interior with more technology ◾Emotional design evolution complemented by quieter cabin, smoother performance and more efficient powertrain ◾Higher levels of luxury, with sophisticated new technology for safety and connectivity DETROIT – From its introduction in 1999, the Cadillac Escalade quickly became the standard among luxury SUVs with a formula of bold design, powerful capability and luxurious accommodations. The all-new 2015 Escalade takes design and technic...[Read more...]|
|SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING ON 2014 XV CROSSTREK HYBRID|
|◾First Subaru Hybrid - based on popular gas model XV Crosstrek, hybrid offers same Capability and Utility ◾High-efficiency, Go-Anywhere Crossover with standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive ◾Well-equipped and priced from $25,995 Cherry Hill, N.J. - Subaru of America, Inc. has announced pricing on the carmaker's first-ever production hybrid vehicle, the XV Crosstrek Hybrid, arriving in dealerships in late 2013. The Hybrid is based on the successful XV Crosstrek crossover model and retains its...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|2013 Cadillac models|
|Cadillac XTS||2013 Cadillac Concepts|
|Cadillac Elmiraj Concept|
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2013|
|Audi nanuk quattro concept|
|Audi R8 GRAND-AM|
|Bentley Continental GT3|
|BMW Tycoon II M|
|BMW X6M Tycoon II M|
|BMW Z4 GTE|
|Other models by Cadillac|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
60 / Sixty
Series 70 and 80
|2012 Escalade||2012 Escalade Hybrid||2012 Escalade Premium Collection|