|Postwar Ferrari Named Best of Show at 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance|
| ||1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe Named 'Best of Show'
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 17, 2014) -- Excited cheers echoed across the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links Sunday when a 1954 Ferrari 375 MM Scaglietti Coupe was named Best of Show at the 64th annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The car, owned by Jon Shirley of Medina, Washington, was the first postwar car to take the top award at the prestigious event in nearly five decades. It was also the first Ferrari to win.
|The 32nd re-enactment STARTS IN California|
|• 'A special prize given at the 'Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance'|
• A project has been announced for the recognition of outstanding participants
• Registration for the 2014 edition will begin at the end of September
• Important changes are expected for the race route
• New coefficients of merit will be assigned to the participating vehicles
The Mille Miglia's international popularity and the friendship thatbinds motor racing to 'Stars and Stripes...[Read more...]
|63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Names 1934 Packard 'Best of Show'|
|The competition showcased 248 cars, including 48 from abroad
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (August 18, 2013) -- A 1934 Packard 1108 Twelve Dietrich Convertible Victoria owned by Joseph and Margie Cassini III of West Orange, New Jersey, was named Best of Show at the 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, held Sunday on the 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links at Pebble Beach Resorts. The event showcased 248 cars from 36 states and 12 countries and raised $1,277,007 for charity.
'This Pack...[Read more...]|
|Rolls-Royce Alpine Trial Centenary Collection Car Makes North American Debut At Quail|
|Rolls-Royce Motor Cars today unveils the Alpine Centenary Collection Car to North American attendees at Quail, A Motorsport Gathering. Part of the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance weekend.
A century ago, four Rolls-Royce Silver Ghosts embarked on the Austrian Alpine Trials, the most arduous test of automotive endurance of the time.
In performing without fault over 1,820 grueling miles of near impassable mountain terrain, the Rolls-Royce Works Team and privateer entrant James Radley helpe...[Read more...]|
|RM Auctions' Don Davis Collection Attracts Texas-Size Bids|
|• RM Auctions posts over $21.2 million at the record-breaking sale of the distinguished Don Davis Collection, April 27 in Fort Worth, Texas
• Top seller: a rare 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS sold for $1,936,000, to establish a new auction record
• Five lots achieve million-dollar-plus results, with numerous auction records shattered
• Toyota 2000GT enters history books with seven-figure sales price
• Exceptional collection attracts bidders from 14 countries around the world
FORT WORTH, Texas (A...[Read more...]|