Image credits: © Chevrolet. GM Corp
2013 Chevrolet Tahoe news, pictures, and information
2013 CHEVROLET TAHOE IS ONE OF THE INDUSTRY'S MOST CAPABLE FULL-SIZE SUVSChevrolet Tahoe is a full-size SÚV that offers spaciousness – including cargo space of up to 108.9 cubic feet (3,084 liters) – and a strong towing capability of up to 8,500 pounds (3,855 kg).
The 2013 Tahoe is available in LS, LT, LTZ and Hybrid models, all offered in 2WD and 4WD. Each is built on GM's full-size SÚV platform that features a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion §teering. Wide front and rear tracks enhance handling and lower the center of gravity for a more confident road feel.
LS, LT and LTZ models are powered by a 5.3L V-8 that uses variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management to optimize performance and efficiency. A fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed is standard on all models and contributes to a 21-mpg EPA highway fuel economy rating, thanks to reduced engine speed. That lower engine speed also helps make the interior quieter.
For even greater fuel economy in a full-size SÚV, the Tahoe Hybrid uses GM's patented two-mode hybrid system to deliver a 33-percent improvement in fuel economy in city driving. Please see the separate Tahoe Hybrid release for complete details.
New for 2013 is a trio of exterior colors, including Champagne Silver Metallic, Concord Metallic (late availability) and Blue Ray Metallic (late availability).
Also new is powertrain grade braking in the normal transmission mode – it was previously incorporated only when the Tow/Haul mode was activated. It uses engine torque to help slow the vehicle on descents, which helps reduce brake wear.
Tahoe design and exterior features
Tahoe features the global face of Chevrolet, wîth a large Chevy gold bowtie centered on a twin-port horizontal grille. The grille surround is inset wîth an argent texture or available chrome finish. Fog lamps and headlamps feature detailed optics. The lower fascia, incorporating the front license plate holder and integrated recovery hooks, is aggressively styled wîth a skid plate look that enhances Tahoe's rugged, off-road appearance. Additional features include:
• Power-retractable assist steps are available on LTZ
• Heated power-operated outside mirrors are standard on LTZ and available on LT. They includes auto-dimming, integrated signal indicators, ground lights and curb-tilt feature
• A power-operated liftgate is available on LT and standard on LTZ
• A range of 17-inch and 20-inch wheels is offered. Seventeen-inch wheels and tires are standard on LS and LT, wîth 20-inch wheels standard on LTZ
• Dealer-installed accessory wheels include 20- and 22-inch designs
• Exterior color choices include: Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricoat, Black, Silver Ice Metallic, Olympic White, Black Granite Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic, Concord Metallic (late availability) and Blue Ray Metallic (late availability).
The Z71 Off Road appearance package is available on LT models and includes high-pressure, gas-charged monotube shocks, 18-inch aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires, automatic-locking differential, front recovery hooks, a durable skid plate and high-capacity air cleaner. Large, color-keyed wheel flares, an aggressive front fascia and satin chrome tubular assist steps, and bright chrome front grille insert provide a one-of-a kind appearance.
Tahoe interior features
Attention to detail is a hallmark of the Tahoe's cabin. There are almost no exposed metal hardware or latches, as all models feature enclosing 'close-outs' around the seat bottoms and door sill trim plates. It also has the §egmènt's largest center console storage bin, a large glove box and numerous storage compartments.
Three rows of seating are standardon all models. The second row is available as a three-passenger bench wîth a 60/40 split or two bucket seats. The third row features a 50/50-split design and is removable. A power-assisted second-row seat release feature is available on LT and standard on LTZ. Additional features include:
• Leather-appointed seating is standard on LT and LTZ
• Heated and cooled front seats and heated second-row seats are standard on LTZ
• A heated and leather-wrapped §teering wheel is standard on LTZ
• Dual-zone automatic climate control on LT and LTZ; dual-zone manual-control air conditioning on LS
• A rear-seat entertainment system is available on LT and LTZ, including DVD player wîth remote control, overhead display, two sets of wireless infrared headphones, auxiliary audio/video jacks, remote game plug-in and mute button in overhead console
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard on all models
• Audio system wîth AM/FM/CD and ÚSB port is standard on LS and LT
• Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system is standard on LTZ; Bose nine-speaker sound standard on LT and six-speaker sound system standard on LS
• Navigation radio wîth touch-screen operation is standard on LTZ and available on LT
• Bluetooth phone connectivity is standard on all models
• Power-adjustable pedals are standard on LT and LTZ and available on LS
• Remote vehicle starter system standard on LT and LTZ and available on LS
• The Convenience Package is available on LS and includes power-adjustable pedals, remote vehicle starter system, rear park assist, rear vision camera and inside mirror wîth camera display
• The Luxury Package is available on LT and includes heated second-row seats, power-release second-row seats, power liftgate, universal home remote, outside heated power-adjustable/folding mirrors and inside auto-dimming mirror
• The Sun, Entertainment and Destinations Package is available on LT and LTZ and includes an additional nine months of SiriusXM radio and XM NavTraffic service, power sunroof and rear-seat DVD entertainment system. LT also includes audio system wîth navigation, AM/FM/SiriusXM radio wîth CD, rear vision camera and auto-dimming inside rearview mirror.
All models are powered by a 5.3L V-8 that balances power and efficiency. Variable valve timing helps the 5.3L optimize performance, efficiency and emissions, while GM's Active Fuel Management cylinder deactivating technology helps improve fuel economy in certain light-load driving conditions. It is also E85-capable.
The variable valve timing system allows linear delivery of torque, wîth near-peak levels over a broad rpm range, and high specific output (horsepower per liter of displacement). It also helps reduce exhaust emissions. Because it manages valve overlap at optimum levels, it eliminates the need for an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.
Active Fuel Management (AFM) technology increases fuel economy approximately 6 percent under the federal government's required testing procedure and potentially more in certain real-world driving conditions. AFM temporarily deactivates four of the engine's cylinders under light load conditions and seamlessly reactivates them when full power is required. The transition takes less than 20 milliseconds and is virtually indiscernible.
The 5.3L engine is backed by GM's Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission. (posted on conceptcarz.com)
Tahoe chassis and suspension
The Tahoe is built on GM's full-size SÚV platform, incorporating a fully boxed frame, coil-over-shock front suspension, leaf-spring rear suspension and rack-and-pinion §teering. A stiff frame reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin, while the strength and accuracy of the fully boxed frame also enable precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components.
Additional features include:
• Wide front and rear tracks – 68.2 inches (1,732 mm) front/67 inches (1,702 mm) rear – enhance handling and vehicle stability for a more confident road feel
• The Autoride suspension system is standard on LTZ and features a §egmènt-exclusive bi-state, real-time damping system that provides a refined ride wîth greatly reduced body motion. The system consists of a semi-active, two-position damping control system that responds in real time to road and driving conditions, based on body and wheel motion sensors
• Standard four-wheel-disc brake system wîth ABS featuring smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation
• A single-speed transfer case is standard on LS and LT 4WD models
• A two-speed transfer case is standard on LTZ 4WD and available on LS and LT 4WD models
• A trailering package wîth a 3.42 axle ratio, external transmission cooler and engine oil cooler is available on LS, LT and LTZ models; and a two-speed transfer case on 4WD models
• The standard axle ratio on all models is 3.08
• A locking rear differential is standard on LT and LTZ models and available on LS.
Tahoe safety and crash-avoidance features
Chevrolet Tahoe has a strong body structure designed to absorb crash energy and provide a protective 'safety cage' around occupants. Head curtain side air bags wîth rollover protection for both seating rows are standard, and seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment.
Additional safety features include:
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
• Available Últrasonic Rear Parking Assist that can detect certain stationary objects in the rearward path of the vehicle and send an audible warning sound
• Available rearview camera system designed to provide the driver with
a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle
• Side Blind Zone Alert is standard on LTZ
• Pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision, and are standard on the front safety belts. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) child seat attachment system is included in two of the second-row seating positions
• Tire pressure monitoring system is standard on all models
• Standard remote keyless entry (RKE) system provides a second function for the red panic button. Drivers can use it to locate their cars without sounding the panic alarm.
|Engine : 5.3 L., 8-cylinder|
Power: 320 hp
Torque: 335 ft-lbs
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Tahoe also features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.
|All-New 2014 Fiat 500L Expands The Fiat Brand'S Product Lineup And Its Commitment To Innovative And Value-Loaded Cars|
|◾All-new 2014 Fiat 500L arrives to FIAT studios this June with a starting price of $19,100 and four value-loaded models ◾No-charge Premier Package on 500L Easy, Trekking and Lounge models ◾All-new Fiat 500L expands the appeal of the iconic 500, while adding two more doors, accommodations for five passengers, best-in-class interior volume (120.1 cu. ft.) and advanced European technology May 24, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Expanding on the style, efficiency and driving enjoyment that ...[Read more...]|
|2014 Corvette Stingray Starts At $51,995|
|The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license. 'The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet's mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,' said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. 'The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology t...[Read more...]|
|Kia Motors Announces Pricing For All-New 2014 Cadenza Premium Sedan|
|Kia's Flagship Sedan Offers Premium Amenities at a Starting Price of $35,1001 MSRP
• The most powerful and technologically advanced Kia in the U.S. market is defined by European-influenced styling and extraordinary levels of refinement and amenities
• Cadenza features class-leading interior room2 and is offered in one trim level with two available option packages
IRVINE, Calif., April 19, 2013 – Kia Motors America (KMA) is pleased to announce pricing for its most powerful and ...[Read more...]
|2014 MAZDA6 NAMED TO WARD'S ‘10 BEST INTERIORS' LIST|
|The all-new 2014 Mazda6 today was named to WardsAuto World's 10 Best Interiors list, as chosen by the publication's editors. The redesigned mid-size sports sedan features Mazda's new design language called KODO 'Soul of Motion,' which translates muscular movement and power into agile proportions, detailed sculpting and expressive character. The Mazda6 also was recently named one of the top three vehicle designs in the world for 2013 by the World Car Awards. 'The automotive industry, regardl...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN CLAIMS BEST HIGHWAY FUEL EFFICIENCY, WITH SEVEN MODELS THAT ACHIEVE MORE THAN 40 MPG|
|• New Jetta Hybrid earns EPA fuel economy rating of up to 48 mpg; the first compact hybrid available with a turbocharged engine|
Herndon, VA - With EPA estimated fuel economy ratings of 48 mpg on the highway, 42 mpg in the city, and a combined rating of 45 mpg, the Jetta Hybrid becomes the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the Volkswagen lineup and the seventh model capable of more than 40 mpg on the highway. With sales of the Jetta Hybrid beginning later this month, Volkswagen wil...[Read more...]
|Similarly Sized Vehicles from 2013|
|Audi R8 GRAND-AM|
|BMW Z4 GTE|
|Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse WRC|
|Other models by Chevrolet|
|Vehicle Recall Information|
|Related Articles and Event Coverage|
|2013 Detroit Auto Show|