|2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Race|
|MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS secured second place in the Constructors' Championship today after a thrilling final race of the season.
• The team finished the 2013 season with a total of 360 points - 218 more than in 2012
• The season saw a total of three wins, six further podiums and eight pole positions
• Nico finished P5 this afternoon on a two-stop strategy, running option/prime/prime with stops on laps 22 and 44
• Lewis finished P9 after making two pit stops (laps 21, 47) and serving a d...[Read more...]|
|2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Preview|
|The final race of the 2013 Formula One World Championship takes place at Interlagos in Sao Paulo on Sunday 24 November.
• At 4.309 km, the Interlagos circuit is the second shortest track of the season after Monaco
• The historical probability of Safety Car deployment is 70%, with four of the last five Grands Prix featuring the Safety Car
• Only twice in the past ten years has the Brazilian Grand Prix been won by the driver starting from pole position
The weathe...[Read more...]|
|2013 United States Grand Prix - Race|
|Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg finished the United States Grand Prix in fourth and ninth places respectively today.
• Lewis executed a controlled and well-managed one-stop strategy, running option/prime and stopping on lap 25
• Nico also made just a single stop, pitting on lap 22 and also running option/prime with a 34- lap stint to the finish
• The pit crew delivered flawless stops with pit lane times of under 24 seconds for both drivers
• The team scored 14 points and is now 15 points ahe...[Read more...]|
|2013 United States Grand Prix - Preview|
| ||The penultimate race of the 2013 Formula One season, the United States Grand Prix, takes place for the second time at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas on Sunday 17 November.
• Eight of the circuit's 20 corners are taken at lateral loads over 3G and nine in fifth gear or higher
• Lewis Hamilton has raced twice at the United States Grand Prix (2007, 2012) and won both times
• Last year's United States Grand Prix was notable for featuring the fewest pit stops (24) of any race of ...[Read more...]|
|2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Race|
|Nico Rosberg finished the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in third place today with Lewis Hamilton in seventh position.
• The team scored 21 points this evening to consolidate second place in the Constructors' Championship on a total of 334 points
• Nico started and finished P3, scoring his fourth podium finish of the year and the team's ninth in total
• He followed a two-stop strategy, running option/prime/prime, pitting on laps 10 and 33
• Lewis finished in P7 after losing time behind the Sauber of ...[Read more...]|
|120 years of motor sport at Mercedes-Benz take centre stage at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2014|
|'Addicted to Winning': at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed, Mercedes-Benz looks back on some fascinating racing victories of the last 120 years
•The unique motor sport heritage of the Mercedes-Benz brand is being celebrated with an exclusive installation by sculptor Gerry Judah
•Mercedes-Benz and Gran Turismo®6 jointly celebrate '120 years of motor sport'
Stuttgart. – The thrilling victories of the Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows mark the peaks of the history of motor sport for...[Read more...]|
|Techno Classica 2014: more than 30 racing cars to celebrate 120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor racing history|
|•Cars that were the heroes of magical moments put their stamp on this high-powered, most comprehensive show presentation
•With more than 30 vehicles, Mercedes-Benz Classic presents motor racing history in all its unique breadth and depth
•120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor sport in the focus of the leading international classic motor show
120 years of Mercedes-Benz motor racing history have produced a timeline of extraordinary victories which since 1894 also stand for outstanding innovations ...[Read more...]|
|Goodwood Festival of Speed 2013: auction of Mercedes-Benz W 196 R one of highlights at world's 'largest motorised garden party'|
|• Mercedes-Benz Classic presents great moments in motor-racing history at Goodwood
• Motorsport festival celebrating its 20th anniversary
• Auction of only privately owned post-war Silver Arrow by Bonhams sure to cause a stir
Stuttgart – This year's Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England, includes the auction of a Mercedes-Benz Type W 196 R Grand Prix racing car on 12 July 2013. The auction will be one of the highlights of a weekend dedicated to motor sport. Mercedes-Benz...[Read more...]|
|TEST COMPARISON BETWEEN FORMULA 1 AND MERCEDES-AMG CARS|
| ||• Nico Rosberg, Bernd Schneider, Karl Wendlinger and Bernd Maylander
• Mercedes-AMG Performance Drive: Formula 1 versus Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG, E 63 AMG, SLS AMG Black Series and SLS AMG GT3
• Nico Rosberg in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series: 'It will be interesting to see how long Michael can delay starting before catching up with us at the finish.'
As part of the programme for the 24-hour race on 19th May 2013, Mercedes-Benz will put on a special event highlight for...[Read more...]
|LEWIS HAMILTON TO RACE FOR MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS FROM 2013|
| ||Following the signature of the commercial agreement with FOM this week by Mercedes-Benz, the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team is pleased to announce that Lewis Hamilton has signed a three-year agreement to race for the team from the 2013 Formula One season.
Lewis' career has been supported by Mercedes-Benz and McLaren since its earliest days. In 2000, he and Nico Rosberg were team-mates at TeamMBM.com in Formula A karting. Lewis drove with Mercedes-Benz engines during his two seasons i...[Read more...]|