Exclusive model joins market launch line-up: The Mercedes-Benz GLA to launch with Edition 1 model too
Following the successful world premiere of the Mercedes-Benz GLA at the IAA in Frankfurt, many customers are already eagerly anticipating the launch of the new compact SÚV from Mercedes-Benz. Now the anticipation is being cranked up a notch to an even higher level. This is because at the time of the market launch in March 2014 there will also be an exclusive Edition 1 variant. It will be available to order from the end of November for approximately one year after market launch.
'With the new GLA we are opening up the compact SÚV §egmènt for Mercedes-Benz,' said Ola Kallenius, Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. 'The GLA adds a new emotional variant to the comprehensive SÚV range from Mercedes-Benz wîth which we aim to win over numerous new customers to our brand. Our exclusive Edition 1 is a particularly alluring proposition to boost the market launch.'
The Edition 1 of the GLA impresses wîth exclusive details both inside and out. The exterior is based on the Úrban line wîth simulated underguard and roof rails in chrome. Further features include bi-xenon headlamps, 19-inch AMG light-alloy wheels finished in high-gloss black, a black radiator grille louvre wîth chrome inserts, black-painted exterior mirrors, black waistline trim strips and dark-tinted glass starting from the B-pillars. The Edition 1 will be available exclusively in the paint finishes cirrus white, orient brown metallic, mountain grey metallic and designo magno mountain grey (from autumn 2014). The special model is recognisable thanks to the 'Edition 1' lettering on the front wings.Interior highlights include the DESERT DÚST interior with
• seats which are only available in the Edition 1 upholstered in nut brown leather and Alvorada fabric wîth striking moccasin stitching
• 3-spoke multifunction sports §teering wheel in leather, wîth perforated grip area and flattened bottom section
| ||Vital Stats|
• sports pedals in brushed stainless steel wîth rubber studs
• aluminium trim wîth trapezoidal grain
• air vents wîth nozzle ring and cross element in silver chrome
• cover over the stowage compartment in the centre console
• cord floor mats wîth stitching in the appointments colour
• black roof liner and
• Light and Sight package (single-tone ambient lighting; illumination of the stowage compartment in the centre console; illuminated make-up mirror for driver and front passenger; illuminated front door sill panels wîth Mercedes lettering; front and rear footwell lighting; interior mirror wîth additional lighting; rear lighting wîth integral reading lamps and locator lighting; windscreen wipers wîth rain sensor, courtesy and warning lights for driver and front passenger doors).
With its exclusive appointments, the GLA Edition 1 underscores the strengths of the first compact SÚV from Mercedes-Benz: progressive in design, serene in day-to-day motoring and wîth an off-road capability - as a wanderer between automotive worlds, the Mercedes-Benz GLA impressively reinterprets the compact SÚV §egmènt. It lightfootedly masters all day-to-day challenges and is also robust enough for off-road excursions.
The first Mercedes-Benz in the fast-growing compact SÚV §egmènt is highly manoeuvrable around town (length x width x height: 4417 x 1804 x 1494 mm), lively on country and pass roads and dynamic and efficient on the motorway (Cd figure 0.29).
The GLA is available wîth the new generation of 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive wîth fully variable torque distribution as an option.
As a serene day-to-day companion the GLA has a flexible and variable interior. The rear seat backrests can not only be folded down completely, but are also adjustable for angle if required. The large luggage compartment (421 - 1235 litres) is well-presented and can be loaded without difficulty thanks to the low loading sill and the wide tailgate, which opens automatically as an option.
The particularly rigid body structure provides a reliable basis for a wide range of applications. Initially the power range of the 1.6 and 2.0-litre petrol engines will extend from 115 kW (156 hp) in the GLA 200 to 155 kW (211 hp) in the GLA 250.
The two diesel engines excel wîth dynamic torque and outstanding efficiency: The GLA 200 CDI develops 100 kW (136 hp), has a displacement of 2.2 litres and maximum torque of 300 Nm. It emits only 114 g of CO2 per kilometre. The GLA 220 CDI likewise has a displacement of 2.2 litres and develops 125 kW (170 hp) and 350 Nm.Source - Mercedes-Benz