The second Packard show car to appear in 1953 also featured a special roof, or rather, part of one. The Monte Carlo was based, not on the limited-production Caribbean, but on Packard's popular 2-door hardtop, the Mayfair. Two examples were built by the Henney Motor Company, with Packard being charged the sum of $9,095.36 for each. The Mayfair's roof was cut-off over the front seat, which necessitated the installation of a solid 'B' pillar and much structural bracing. A continental kit was installed and the special interior featured dual fold-down armrests in the rear. Once completed, the two Monte Carlos, (one painted red and white and the other two-tone blue) were sent out on the car show circuit, as well as on a tour of various Packard dealerships. Both cars ended up in the hands of private owners and both are currently owned by Mr. Marano.
Once completed, the two Monte Carlos were released to the auto show circuit as well as on a tour of various Packard dealerships. Both cars were sold to private owners. Each is powered by Packard's venerable 327 CID, 180 horsepower straight-eight engine.