The Series 1 Land Rover in 1952 used a new 2-liter, OHV, 4-cylinder gas motor with 101 lb-ft of torque at 1500 RPM. Maximum horsepower, less of an issue, perhaps, was 58 at 4000 RPM. This short, 80-inch wheelbase, chassis uses a 4-speed manual and 2-speed transfer box for its 4-wheel drive. Lots of aluminum kept the weight down to near 2500 lbs.
This example has been in the care of its current caretaker for the last 6 decades. Originally sold in England, it was exported to Africa, then to Santa Barbara, California in the mid-1960s, driven through Mexico, Central and South America, returning to the California Central Coast in the early 1970s and used as a ranch vehicle until the passing of the owner in 2010. The son is now the custodian.