Compact Sedan Receives Updated Design, New Powertrain and Advanced Tech, Including Android Auto1 and Apple Car Play
•2017 Forte adds 2.0-liter engine, plus updated six-speed automatic transmission
•Advanced driver assistance features including Autonomous Emergency Braking, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Front Collision Warning, and Dynamic Bending Lights3 are newly available
•Sporty S trim pumps up Forte's sport factor wîth exclusive interior and features
Irvine, Calif., Jan. 11, 2015
– The Motor City today got an up close look at the refreshed 2017 Forte when Kia Motors America pulled the silk off the updated compact sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The 2017 Forte sedan has been improved for the new model year wîth subtle visual changes, a new 2.0-liter 4-cylinder powertrain engineered for improved fuel economy and performance, and a host of advanced convenience and driver-assistance features. Pricing for the 2017 Forte will be announced closer to the vehicle's on-sale date in the first quarter of 2016.
Visual enhancements to the 2017 Forte add even more sophistication to its European sport-sedan styling. Úp front, the Forte dons a new front bumper and 'tiger nose' grille that has been extended to connect wîth new headlights, much like the all-new 2016 Optima. This new take on the front fascia gives the Forte a more fluid appearance, and customers will have the choice of two designs, one highlighting the Forte's sophisticated personality and one that's more aggressive and sporty. Completing the exterior redesign are newly designed taillights, wîth optional LEDs.
Now available in three trims, a new sporty S trim sits in between the entry-level LX trim and the top-trim EX model. The new S trim amps up the Forte's dynamic demeanor by adding a sport-tuned suspension, 16-inch alloy wheels, LED daytime running lights, rear spoiler, and a chrome exhaust tip. For 2017, the EX trim remains the top of the range, and wîth that, comes standard wîth premium exterior features such as LED taillights, Smart Key wîth perimeter approach lighting and front door pocket lighting, and new 17-inch alloy wheels. Like its bigger Optima sibling, the Forte is available wîth Dynamic Bending Light technology, which uses §teering wheel inputs to angle the light around corners and bends.
Inside, LX and S trims get upgraded cloth materials for the seats, wîth the S trim featuring exclusive black cloth seats wîth white contrasting stitching, as well as a leather-wrapped §teering wheel and shift knob. The EX now comes standard wîth leather seats wîth heated front seats, 10-way power driver seat wîth a two-position memory setting, dual-zone automatic temperature, rear vents, and a push-button start wîth Smart Key. As for infotainment, both the S and EX trims come standard wîth ÚVO33 telematics, which is displayed on a 7-inch color touch screen and includes a suite of core smartphone functions via Android Auto and Apple CarPlayTM (late availability). Both platforms elevate the Forte's in-vehicle connectivity by allowing drivers to conveniently use the touchscreen for smartphone functions like sending text messages, streaming music, and lòòking up driving directions.
Depending on trim, the Forte will also come wîth Kia's latest navigation system. All trims come standard wîth Drive Mode Select, which allows the driver to change the driving experience based on their preference: Normal, Eco, or Sport.
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 2.0 L., 4-cylinder|
6-speed Manual, 6-speed Automatic
Further solidifying the Forte's value proposition is its long list of available convenience features, which includes Autonomous Emergency Braking, Front Collision Warning, Lane Change Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert3.
Replacing last year's 1.8-liter inline-4 cylinder engine beneath the hood, the 2017 Forte now comes standard wîth a 2.0-liter Atkinson I-4, which is paired wîth a six-speed manual transmission or an available second-generation six-speed automatic transmission that has been engineered to help improve fuel economy4. The EX trim is equipped wîth the tried-and-true 2.0-liter GDI I-4 and six-speed automatic. Power ratings and fuel economy figures will be released closer to launch, while 2017 Koup details will be released at a later date.
The Forte sedan will be produced at Kia's new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Monterrey, Mexico, making it the first vehicle to be built at the automaker's second North American plant. Production at the Mexico facility is slated to begin in the first half of 2016. About Kia Motors America
Kia Motors America (KMA) is the marketing and distribution arm of Kia Motors Corporation based in Seoul, South Korea. KMA proudly serves as the 'Official Automotive Partner' of the NBA and LPGA and set an all-time annual sales record in 2015, surpassing the 600,000 unit mark for the first time in company history. KMA offers a complete line of vehicles, including the rear-drive K900** flagship sedan, Cadenza premium sedan, Sorento CÚV, Soul urban passenger vehicle, Soul Electric Vehicle***, Sportage compact CÚV, Optima midsize sedan, Optima Hybrid, the Forte compact sedan, Forte5 and Forte Koup, Rio and Rio 5-door subcompacts and the Sedona midsize multi-purpose vehicle, through a network of more than 765 dealers across the Únited States. Kia's Ú.S. manufacturing plant in West Point, Georgia, builds the Optima* and Sorento* and is responsible for the creation of more than 15,000 plant and supplier jobs.Source - Kia
|ALL-NEW GOLF ALLTRACK AND NEW BEETLE MODELS HEAD THE CHANGES|
|Volkswagen also simplifies model lineups to put the emphasis on value
• Golf Alltrack adds all-wheel-drive ability and rugged off-road looks to the fun-to-drive and practical Golf SportWagen
• Golf SportWagen receives 4Motion® all-wheel-drive option
• Beetle range complemented by Dune Convertible, revised Classic models, and limited edition #PinkBeetle
• Driver assistance features added to lower priced trimlines in many model lineups
• Tiguan lineup simplified to value-laden Wol...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR THE NEW 2016 PASSAT|
|• connectivity and driver assistance features
• Striking new front and rear design
• New interior with updated instrument panel and center stack for a more premium feel
• Standard MIB II infotainment system includes USB connectivity
• Available VW Car-Net® App-Connect offers compatible smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ and MirrorLink®
• Energy-efficient LED headlights available for the first time on a VW sedan
• New driver assistance systems are standard features on...[Read more...]|
|MODEL YEAR 2016: INFOTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY AND DRIVER ASSISTANCE FEATURES HEAD THE CHANGES|
|• Volkswagen will also add a new Jetta GLI and a new entry-level e-Golf trim
• Majority of models receive the new MIB II infotainment system with USB and VW Car-Net® App-Connect, which integrates Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ , and MirrorLink®
• CC, Golf family and Jetta models receive new driver assistance features, including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist)
• Beetle and Jetta models add the Automatic Post-Collision ...[Read more...]|
|MODEL YEAR 2015: NEW GOLF FAMILY, REDESIGNED JETTA, AND NEW TDI® CLEAN DIESEL ENGINE HEAD THE CHANGES|
| ||In a busy year, Volkswagen will also add a new Golf SportWagen, an all-new Golf R, a redesigned Touareg SUV, and the company's first U.S.-market EV, the e-Golf
• All-new Golf is bigger, lighter, and more fuel-efficient than the previous model, seats five, and has a larger trunk than any midsize sedan
• New Golf GTI has 210-horsepower engine, with improved fuel efficiency and performance
• e-Golf is Volkswagen's first full Battery Electric Vehicle for sale in the U.S.
• Redesigned Jett...[Read more...]|
|VOLKSWAGEN ANNOUNCES PRICING OF 2015 GOLF MODELS, STARTING AT $17,995|
|The seventh-generation version of VW's worldwide best seller offers more space, less weight, and increased efficiency at an even better value
◾Pricing starts at $17,995 for the two-door Golf Launch Edition model with manual transmission
◾New TDI® S model reduces Clean Diesel entry pricing by more than $3,000
◾New available technology including Forward Collision Warning and Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
◾Room for five with a larger trunk than any midsize sedan
◾New 1.8-liter TSI® e...[Read more...]|