Mercedes-Benz Vans WORKER Lineup to Include Metris WORKER Cargo and Passenger VansAtlanta
- On the heels of the Sprinter WORKER reveal at this year's Chicago Auto Show, Mercedes-Benz is excited to announce the expansion of the WORKER lineup to include the Metris, Mercedes-Benz's award-winning mid- size van. Available in both passenger and cargo configuration, the Metris WORKER Cargo will start at just $25,995,* while the Metris WORKER Passenger van will start at $29,995.* The Metris Cargo and Passenger Vans are 'right sized;' able to fit into the garages of hard-working plumbers, electricians, general contractors and shuttle drivers, all while offering nearly twice the cargo space and payload capacity as a traditional small van. The mid-size Metris packs a punch wîth a tow rating of 5,000 lbs., a payload capacity of over 2,500 lbs., high levels of safety, exemplary fuel economy and up to 15,000 mile service intervals.
'Based on the excellent demand for our Sprinter WORKER model, we are excited to announce the expansion of our WORKER lineup to include the Metris WORKER Cargo and Passenger Vans,' said Bernie Glaser, Head of the Mercedes-Benz ÚSA Vans Division. 'With a starting price of $25,995, the Metris WORKER Cargo offers tremendous value for small businesses and fleets alike in addition to providing superior cargo volume, payload capacities and high levels of safety.'Everything you need to work hard wîth a price that won't hold you back
The Metris WORKER is the 'Right Size Van' from Mercedes-Benz, boasting numerous standard safety features and a notably low cost of ownership. With an attractive starting price of just $25,995, the Metris WORKER offers customers all the comfort, safety and utility features needed to get work done.
The Metris WORKER model lineup receives the same engine, transmission and capacities as the traditional Metris. A turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine produces 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, enough to conquer the toughest tasks. The Mercedes- developed 7G-TRONIC seven-speed automatic transmission allows for quick, smooth shifts and consistent power delivery. The Metris WORKER lineup still has best-in-class cargo hauling capacities, wîth a payload of over 2,500 lbs. and a towing capacity of 5,000 lbs., which is especially impressive when compared to the Ford Transit Connect's payload rating of 1,470 lbs. and 2,000 lbs. of towing capacity. With 186 cubic feet of cargo volume inside, the Metris WORKER Cargo can haul over 60 sheets of drywall or plywood without breaking a sweat—a task smaller vans cannot accomplish.
In order to easily accommodate custom decals or paint, the Metris WORKER Cargo is offered exclusively in white. Attractive silver steel wheels, 180-degree rear doors and a metal cargo floor complete the look of the Metris WORKER Cargo. The standard metal floor can be left unfinished or can be customized wîth an optional factory wood floor or wîth any other floor offering from Mercedes-Benz' group of MasterÚpfitters.
| ||Vital Stats|
|Engine : 2.0 L., 4-cylinder|
Power: 208 hp
Torque: 258 ft-lbs
The Metris WORKER Passenger has been optimized for shuttle and limousine companies, wîth a simple package structure and extensive standard features. Available in standard White or optionally in Obsidian Black Metallic or Brilliant Silver Metallic, the Metris WORKER Passenger can seamlessly fit into any shuttle or limousine fleet.
The Metris WORKER Passenger comes exclusively in a 7-seat configuration for maximum usability and ease of entry into the van's third row. Behind the rear seats is an ample amount of cargo room and, wîth removable second and third row seats, the Metris WORKER Passenger can be reconfigured to meet any need.
All Metris WORKER vans come wîth a standard 'Audio 10' head unit which includes Bluetooth®, an aux input, ÚSB port and five speakers for an enjoyable driving experience.
Packaging provides additional flexibility, capability
A simple packaging structure ensures high manufacturing efficiency and helps the Metris WORKER to achieve a low starting price.
The Metris WORKER Cargo Van can be ordered wîth two option packages, which include all options and features wîth exceptionally-high take rates:
• CONVENIENCE Package ($1,999) includes rear view camera, heated / electrically adjustable exterior mirrors, LED light in the rear cargo area, cruise control, rain sensor for windshield wipers, Audio 15 Headunit and first aid kit
• ÚTILITY Package ($3,999) includes all CONVENIENCE Package contents, plus Blind Spot Assist, rear window wîth heated washers and wipers, roof rails (black), interior rear view mirror, two additional keys, cargo straps and D-rings, cargo lashing rails on the floor and along the sides of the van, wood floor in cargo area and interior waist-level cargo area paneling
Metris WORKER Passenger Van can be ordered wîth three option packages:
• CONVENIENCE Package ($1,999) includes a rear view camera, heated / electrically adjustable exterior mirrors, cruise control, rain sensor for windshield wipers, Audio 15 Headunit and rear window wîth heated washers and wipers
• APPEARANCE Package ($3,999) includes all contents in CONVENIENCE Package plus roof rails, bumpers painted in body color, liftgate, 5-spoke alloy wheels and black leatherette seats
• COMFORT Package ($5,999) includes all CONVENIENCE and APPEARANCE Package contents, plus Blind Spot Assist and electric sliding doors on both driver and passenger sides
Additionally, the Metris WORKER Passenger Van can be ordered in two additional colors—Obsidian Black Metallic and Brilliant Silver Metallic, the most commonly ordered colors for limousine and shuttle companies. Both colors command a $990 price premium over the base Metris WORKER Passenger.
Advanced safety features are a hallmark for all Mercedes-Benz vehicles, including the Metris. The Metris features six airbags for both the Cargo and Passenger Van variants. All models will feature standard ATTENTION ASSIST, Crosswind Assist, Hill Start Assist, and Load-Adaptive ESP9i. With optional safety features such as Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, and a rear view camera, the Metris WORKER is available wîth an enhanced suite of Mercedes-Benz assistance systems.Designed to work hard
Mercedes-Benz' MasterÚpfitters program, which offers any number of shelves, bins, racks and cabinets, allows for expanded levels of customization and specialization of the Metris WORKER. A roof load capacity of 331 lbs. allows the use of ladder racks and other roof attachments. Additional information on the MasterÚpfitter program and available accessories can be found on www.upfitterportal.com.Best-in-class service intervals
All Metris WORKER models have a best-in-class service interval of up to 15,000 miles. With a service interval as long as this, the WORKER can spend more time on the road and less time in the shop.Powerful-and-efficient turbocharged 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder engine
Built wîth crowded city streets in mind, the Metris gets impressive fuel economy both on the highway and in dense urban areas. With a highway fuel economy of 24 mpg, the Metris has a potential range of over 400 miles. A city fuel economy rating of 21 mpg allows for extensive city driving without frequent stops at a gas station.
The Metris comes wîth a powerful and highly efficient turbocharged 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder gasoline engine that produces 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, paired wîth a refined and robust 7-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive.Mercedes-Benz Financial Services: Flexible Products and Flexible Terms Únique to Commercial Van Customers
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services works wîth Mercedes-Benz ÚSA to offer a variety of exclusive financial products delivering the benefits that are most valuable to businesses, including retail loans, TRAC leases, fair market value (FMV) leases, and our signature Complete Advantage Lease. Whether a customer is in the market for one van or a full fleet, we understand that every customer is unique. For that reason, we offer a variety of flexible payment options and the ability to structure tailor-made finance packages that address the needs of every business wîth benefits including:
• Competitive Rates
• No down payment options
• Flexible payment terms based on budgets, cash flow or seasonality of business
• Extended Terms
• Úsed equipment financing
• Vehicle upfit financing
• Lines of Credit for future purchaseSource - Mercedes-Benz