March Madness Comes to Mazda Raceway
March 3, 2016 by Mazda Raceway
• A wide variety of motorsports' track rental days scheduled for March
MONTEREY, Calif., March 3, 2016
– A madness similar to that which takes over university campuses and media worldwide every March has overtaken Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca during the same 31-day period. This madness, though, is of the two- and four-wheeled varieties instead of that of the round ball and oversized gym shorts.
There are 14 automobile and motorsports organizations that have secured 26 track rental days at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca during the month which also showcases the advent of spring for those who reside north of the equator. The first three days of March were highlighted by a motorcycle school and an automobile driving group. Beginning March 9, some form of automobile, motorcycle or bicycle will traverse the iconic 11-turn, 2.238-mile road course every day for the balance of the month. The busy schedule is the race track equivalent of a 68-team bracket and that's just one month. For the entire year, 344 days are booked for on-track activity while many of the remaining 22 days are scheduled for track maintenance in preparation for on-track activity.
Those 14 organizations scheduled for March 2016 include eight different classifications of the sport:
4 automobile manufacturers
▪ including Mazda and BMW
3 motorcycle racing schools
▪ Keigwins @The Track, CLASS Motorcycle School, California Superbike School
2 automobile driving schools
Trending News'Picture Perfect' Legendary Alfa Romeo Leads Bonhams Quail Motorcar AuctionVolkswagen Retailers Offer 0% Finance Incentive On Servicing And AccessoriesBMW Launches Its World-First eDrive Zones Technology In The UKŠkoda Brings The Complete SUV Family To TV With New Advert, 'Each As Splendid As The Next'SsangYong Motors Relocate UK Operations
▪ Hooked on Driving, Speed SF
1 motorsports sanctioning body
▪ SCCA San Francisco Region
1 race team
▪ MG1 Motorsports
1 motorsports journalist organization
▪ Western Automotive Journalists
1 promotional event for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion
▪ LSR Group
1 cycling event
▪ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca's monthly Twilight Cycling ride
SCRAMP celebrates 60 consecutive seasons of hosting world-class motorsports events in 2016. This year's schedule continues the decades-long tradition of showcasing national and world championship series' of sports car, open wheel and motorcycle racing, as well as one of the most prestigious annual historic car racing events in the world.
Tickets for every major event on the 2016 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca calendar are on sale now. Click HERE for more information or call the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Ticket Office at 831.242.8200.