2014 Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance Increases Classes to 22Company press release. Chrysler designs by Virgil Exner added
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA – April 17 , 2014
- The 22nd annual Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance at the Trump National Golf Club in Rancho Palos Verdes, California on Sunday September 14 has increased the number of its classes from 20 to 22. The changes result from adding a class for Chryslers designed by Virgil Exner and dividing Post War American into two classes - 1957-1958 and 1959 to 1966.
The event will celebrate automotive innovation by showcasing the convergence of engineering, ingenuity, art and craftsmanship, according to Chairman Peter Kunoth.
The 22 classes are:
1. Tucker '48
4. Pre-War Innovation (Steam, Electric, Diesel)
5. American Classics Open (1925-1948)
6. American Classics Closed (1925-1948)
7. European Classics (1925-1948) (includes Rolls & Bentley)
Trending News'Picture Perfect' Legendary Alfa Romeo Leads Bonhams Quail Motorcar AuctionVolkswagen Retailers Offer 0% Finance Incentive On Servicing And AccessoriesBMW Launches Its World-First eDrive Zones Technology In The UKŠkoda Brings The Complete SUV Family To TV With New Advert, 'Each As Splendid As The Next'SsangYong Motors Relocate UK Operations
8. Post-War European
9. Post-War American (1947-195810. Post-War American (1959-1966)
11. Virgil Exner Chrysler Design
12. Woodies (1928-1951)
14. Volkswagen (1938-1967)
15. Porsche 900s 1964-1973
16. Shelby Design
17. Mustang (1964-1970)
18. Ferrari (1950-1972)
19. Morgan (including three-wheelers)
20. Post-War European Sports Under 3 Liters (1946-1965)
21. Post-War European Sports Over 3 Liters (1946-1965)
22. Innovative Hot Rods and Customs
Special displays will recognize the 50th anniversaries of the Porsche 911 and the Ford Mustang.
Admission is $35 through June 30, $45 from July 1 to September 13, and $50 at the gate on September 14. Students with ID pay $25 and children under 12 are free. Valet parking is $40, general parking is $10.
The Concours will be preceded by a Road Rallye on Saturday, September 13, when drivers and passengers can take in the beauty of the Palos Verdes Peninsula while competing for prizes.
The Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance is a 501(c) (3) charity event with proceeds benefitting Palos Verdes Rotary Foundation charities, including Harbor Area Boys & Girls Clubs, and Palos Verdes Art Center's educational and community outreach programs, including art experiences for differently-abled youth and adults in Los Angeles County.
For more information please go to www.pvconcours.org