VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS SEPTEMBER 2014 SALESSeptember sales total 25,996 units
• The all-new Golf delivered1,887 units for the month, marking a 93.1 percent increase in sales for the model over the previous September
• The Golf GTI delivered 1,600 units, a 47.6 percent increase
• Jetta sedan delivered 8,980 units for the month
• Passat delivered 7,280 units for the month
• High-mileage, TDI® Clean Diesel models accounted for 5,715 units, representing 22 percent of sales in September
• Year-to-date TDI sales were 63,099, representing 23.3 percent of sales
• Passat TDI sales were 1,720, representing 23.6 percent of sales of the vehicle
Herndon, VA (October 1, 2014
) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported 25,996 units delivered in September.
The Jetta, with a refreshed model hitting showrooms in late September, sold 8,980 units. The refreshed Jetta offers a suite of driver assistance features and recently was named a Top Safety Pick + vehicle by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Footage from the IIHS crash test can be found here. New optional driver assistance features include Blind Spot Monitor, plus Rear Traffic Alert and Forward Collision Warning.
The all-new, seventh generation Golf continues its strong sales pace and earning accolades through the month of September. September sales included 1,887 Golf units and 1,600 of the Golf GTIs. Popular Mechanics recently called the Golf TSI 'the best car you can buy for $20, 000,' and Car and Driver named the Golf GTI the winner in a comparison test with the Subaru Impreza WRX.
Trending NewsBarrett-Jackson to Auction Prized World of Classics Collection at No Reserve During 17th Annual Palm Beach AuctionŠkoda Turns Your Car Into Your Delivery Address With New Pilot SchemeKia To Launch Stylish New Ceed CrossoverHonda Announces Presence At Milan Design Week Featuring The Honda e PrototypeSun, Sea And A Home E-Prix In Sanya For DS Techeetah
'The accolades keep rolling in for the all-new 2015 Golf and Golf GTI and we're thrilled to see the excitement make its way into showrooms as well,' said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America.
The Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 7,280 units delivered for the month. In September, the Passat TDI, the only Clean Diesel in the midsize sedan segment, delivered 1,720 sales or 23.6 percent of the total Passat volume.
The Tiguan and Touareg delivered 1,674 and 646 units respectively.