LE MANS GREATS HEAD STUNNING ROSTER OF ADDITIONAL ENTRIES FOR RM'S 2014 PARIS SALE DURING RETROMOBILE WEEKCompany press release.
• Anticipation builds ahead of RM's €25 million debut Paris sale on 5 February 2014
• More Le Mans greats join stunning competition car line-up at saleLatest highlights include a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, a veteran of five Le Mans 24 hours races, and a mighty 2008 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Le Mans Prototype, which finished 2nd at Le Mans, was driven by Jacques Villeneuve, and has been entrusted to be sold by RM by the Peugeot factory
• Other recently secured entries include a Bugatti Type 40 Roadster, a 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, a 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400S 'SV Specification', and a 1948 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Super Sport Coupé
• A frequently updated list of entries is available online at www.rmauctions.com
LONDON (6 December, 2013)
– RM Auctions, the world's largest collector car auction house for investment-quality automobiles, is delighted to announce a spectacular series of new premier offerings for its upcoming debut sale in Paris, from 4–5 February 2014, during the world famous Retromobile week. The auction is destined to become another stunning success for RM, as the sale rapidly builds towards a €25 million offering of incredible hand-picked cars.
Hot on the heels of the previously announced and highly anticipated Harburg Competition Car Collection, the latest wave of consignments includes two further greats of endurance motor sport, a 2008 ex-Works Peugeot 908 HDi FAP and a 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP. The Peugeot 908 represents one of the most successful sports prototype racing cars of recent years, as it has been developed by the Peugeot factory for an all-out assault on the Le Mans Endurance Series. The 908 was first seen in the 2007 season and was the result of two years of development work by the French manufacturer that was aimed at showcasing its diesel engine technology in the toughest possible motorsport environment. The car on offer, chassis number 05, has been entrusted to RM by the Peugeot factory, it is offered for sale in full Works race trim, and it remains to be powered by its fearsome, factory-built V-12, 5.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine. It was campaigned successfully during the 2008, 2009, and 2010 seasons in the LMP1 category of the Le Mans Endurance Series, and the highlight of which was a 2nd place overall finish in the 2008 Le Mans 24 hours, where it was driven by Formula One world champion Jacques Villeneuve, alongside co-drivers Gene and Minassian (Estimate: €1,400,000–€ 1,800,000).
The 1982 Rondeau M482 Le Mans GTP, chassis number M482-001, is the final iteration of the race car that was designed and developed by well-known Le Mans privateer constructor and driver Jean Rondeau. It was the first M482 of just three built in 1982, and it first saw action at the 6 Hours of Silverstone that year, where it was driven by Jean Rondeau himself before going on to contest at a remarkable five 24 Hours of Le Mansr races between 1983 and 1987, finishing as high as 12th overall in its final appearance at the legendary race and being piloted by Terrian, Rahier, and Grand. With such a prolific Le Mans track record behind it, M482-001 holds a special place in the history of the race, and after retirement, it was displayed at the Musée des 24 Heures - Circuit de La Sarthe, amongst other notable competitors. Today, the car is offered in the same Ford France livery that it appeared in for its first 24 Hour of Le Mans race in 1983, and it is currently fitted with a John Nicholson 3.3-litre Cosworth V-8 engine, offering great potential as a contender in the Le Mans Classic. (Estimate: € 200,000–€ 250,000)
RM's inaugural Paris sale is not just a showcase for incredible competition cars, as it will also offer a broad spectrum of very fine automobiles, which brings the total to approximately 60 lots. With RM's usual focus on sourcing only the highest quality, hand-picked examples, the sale will feature a wonderful mix of both pre- and post-war sports and touring cars. Additional highlights secured for RM's Paris debut include:
• 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster (Estimate: €750,000–€950,000)
• 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400S 'SV Specification' (Estimate: €475,000–€ 575,000)
• 1990 Ferrari F40 (Estimate: €450,000–€500,000)
• 1953 Mercedes-Benz 300 S Roadster (Estimate: €400,000–€500,000)
Trending NewsRally Australia CancelledMitsubishi Motors In The UK Supports Jim Clark Rally With Mitsubishi L200 Series 6 Pick-UpsThe Sussex Snowdrop Trust Hosts Fundraising Evening At Home Of Rolls-RoyceHighlight Of The New Golf – The Digital Cockpit2020 Hyundai Veloster Named 'Fan Favorite' At The 2019 Autofocus Awards
• 1948 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Super Sport Coupé (Estimate: €300,000–€400,000)
• 1938 Lagonda V-12 Drophead Coupé (Estimate: €350,000–€450,000) • 1930 Bugatti Type 40 Roadster (Estimate: €250,000–€320,000)
• 1971 Mercedes-Benz 600 'Six-Door' Pullman Landaulet (estimate: €80,000–€120,000)
• 1962 Alfa Romeo 2600 Spider (Estimate: €80,000–€110,000)
RM's inaugural Paris auction will be held at Place Vauban immediately after the International Automobile Festival, which is taking place from 29 January to 2 February 2014. This exciting event will gather a stunning display of beautiful concept cars and pay tribute to car designers from around the world. (www.festivalautomobile.com)
For further sale information, or to view a frequently updated list of entries, please visit www.rmauctions.com or call RM's London office at +44 (0) 20 7851 7070.
About RM Auctions
RM Auctions is the world's largest auction house for investment-quality automobiles. With over three decades of experience in the collector car industry, RM's vertically integrated range of services, from restoration to private treaty sales, auctions, estate planning, and financial services, coupled with an expert team of car specialists and an international footprint, provide an unsurpassed level of service to the global collector car market. RM proudly holds six of the top ten all-time records for the most expensive motor cars sold at auction. RM's restoration division has achieved unprecedented accolades, earning Best of Show honours at the world's top concours events. For further information, please visit rmauctions.com, find us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter @rmauctions.
Photo Credit: JEAN MICHEL LE MEUR