This Delahaye was originally built by Figoni and Falaschi of Paris, France, in 1937 for sale new or delivery new to the Algeria region of North Africa. It remained there until the mid-1970s when it was re-discovered by Maurice Ragout of Southern France. Maurice undertook a restoration sometime in the late 1970s, using a Charpon-bodied Delahaye as a parts car in order to restore 47532 to useable condition. The known parts from the parts car were the grille shell, hood and two doors. The remaining parts of the body are original to the car.
It has passed through several owners over the years until it landed in Southern California in 2003.
The Delahaye 135 was without a doubt the most prestigious of all the celebrated French car models. This car is powered by an overhead-valve, 3.5-liter, 6-cylinder engine developing 160 horsepower coupled to a 4-speed manual engine. The top speed is 103 miles per hour.
An extensive and lengthy history was completed before a detailed restoration was begun by D&D Auto Restorations of Dayton, Ohio. The car was taken down to its bare chassis for the meticulous re-build.