Italian designer Giovanni Michelotti began working on this design for a second series BMW 507 in 1957. Sergio Scaglietti in Modena manufactured body and Alfredo Vignale carried out assembly in Turin. Power came from the BMW 507's V8, which with just 150 hp was capable of a top speed of 127 mph. In 1959, this one-off design was exhibited at the Turin Auto Show for the first time. After a few ownership changes BMW Classic brought it back to Munich in 2004. The design was never taken up though.