Chassis #: 0070M
Ferrari's first production racing car, the 166MM, evolved into the 195 Sport and then the 212 Export. The 212 series were built between late 1950 and 1953 as both Inter road cars and Export competition models. This 212 Berlinetta was built for the 1951 Mille Miglia, but its first race was in fact the Coppa InterEuropa at Monza two weeks before, where it won driven by Luigi Villoresi. The Mille Miglia followed as well as the Coppa di Toscana, the Coppa Valsassina and the Lecco-Ballabio race, where the car again finished first driven by Franco Cornacchia. The car was re-bodied by Ferrari in 1952 and with its new Vignale coupe bodywork was raced again at the Mille Miglia, Le Mans and Pescara. It remained in competition until an accident at the Mille Miglia in 1955 and then passed through several owners before coming to the United States ten years later. The current owner acquired the car in 1955 and has enjoyed many road tours in it.