Chassis #: G931
This duPont Model G Special Sedan is one of eight bodied by Merrimac. The design, which features a V-shaped windshield, concave body sides and a sharp edged belt line that continues along the hood, was patented by E. Paul duPont in December of 1927. The first Merrimac Sedan was featured at the New York Auto Show in 1929. This car was the fifth chassis built at the end of 1929, and it went to Mrs. Julia Schertzinger of Los Angeles, who traded it in a year later for a newer model. The car was shipped back to the factory in Delaware in February 1931, and its next owner was Jean Kane Foulke du Pont, the wife of duPont Motors founder E. Paul du Pont.