Chassis #: 0856
This Ferrari 330 P4 is the only original example of the three P4s built for the 1967 season. The aerodynamic, mid-engined racer was designed and built by Pierre Drogo and was further updated by Ferrari before every race it entered. The P4's 450 bhp V12 engine was modeled on Ferrari's Grand Prix-winning unit, with Lucas fuel injection in place of carburetors. In its first race at the 24 Hours of Daytona in February 1967, Ferrari stunned the racing world when this car crossed the line in 2nd place, alongside the other two P4s in 1st and 3rd for a photo finish to mirror the legendary moment when the three Ford GT40s won Le Mans in 1966. The car continued its success that year, winning the 1000 km race at Monza driven by Lorenzo Bandini and Chris Amon, and finishing 3rd at Le Mans driven by Willy Mairesse and Jean Blaton. Its last international race for Ferrari was at the Brands Hatch BOAC 500 Mile that July after it had been converted to the open-roof configuration it has today.