Officine Meccaniche introduced the 4-cylinder Tipo 465, designed by the Austrian engineer Lucien Barratouch, in 1920. This was followed by the 6-cylinder Tipo 665 'Superba,' which was first shown at the Milan Auto Salon in 1923. The Tipo 665 remained in production until 1932 and its engine and chassis were continually improved. The first 1927 Mille Miglia witnessed a 1-2-3 finish by the OM cars, the first and last win for the company. The cars were improved further, and this OM team car is one of 25 similar models entered for the 1930 Mille Miglia. After finishing second in its class and seventh overall in the 1,000-mile race, it was also entered in the 1930 Targa Florio and the Circuito di Caserta. The car remained with the OM company, which merged with Fiat in 1938, until the car was purchased by its current owner in 2004.