The British Marcos was founded by Jem Marsh and Frank Costin in 1959. The firm produced cars through 1959 using plywood for the chassis until 1969 when steel was substituted. The GT model was introduced in 1964 in various guises with this particular example sporting an English Ford Kent Cosworth 140 horsepower 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine. The vehicle left the Marcos factory on September 1, 1967 as a right-hand drive vehicle. It was sold to Sweden in 1990 where it was converted to left-hand drive and the 1.6-liter engine fitted. The car was imported into the United States in 2006 and restoration completed in 2008.