Chassis number 57374 was the first of the four Atlantic Coupes built. It was delivered new to Lord Rothschild in London with a naturally aspirated engine. In 1939, it received an upgrade by the factory the 57 SC specification by the addition of a supercharger.
In 1941, Lord Rothschild sold the car and it would change ownerships on several occasions until 1945 when it came into the care of an American owner. In 1971, it was offered for sale at Sotheby's auction in Los Angeles and acquired by Dr. Peter Williams for the sum of $59,000. Between 2001 and 2003 the car was treated to a restoration. After it was completed, it was shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance where it was awarded Best of Show.
The car remained with Dr. Williamson until his death in 2008. Gooding & Company brokered a deal for the car for an undisclosed amount, reportedly between $30 - 40 million.By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2018