This 1910 Marmon 32 is the third oldest Marmon in the world. The first motor car to wear the Marmon badge was built by two brothers, Howard and Daniel Marmon, in 1902. Dissatisfied with other forms of transport being built at the time, they opened a factory in Indianapolis to build their own cars as a subsidiary of their family's old engineering company, Nordyke Marmon & Company. Early on, the Marmon Motor Car Company experimented with simple air-cooled V4 and V6 engines before a conventional in-line design was settled upon, and the first Marmon 32, with 5.2-liters, 4-cylinder engine delivering 32 horsepower, was finished in 1909. The 32 engine was one of the first to incorporate a fully pressurized oil system and was not only groundbreaking, but fast. The marque hit the headlines when the 32-based Marmon Wasp, driven by Ray Harroun, won the first-ever Indianapolis 500 race in 1911.
This early Five Passenger Touring model was acquired by its current owner in 1988, placed second in class at the 1990 Pebble Beach Concours, and has been freshly restored for the 2019 Pebble Beach Concours.