Chassis #: 46037
Engine #: L509
Registration #: CWW 273
Jaguar introduced the SS 2.5 litre DHC in 1937, and manufactured 249 vehicles before production ceased in 1939. These cars featured a 2.5-litre overhead valve engine, producing 102 horsepower and propelling the car to 90 MPH. This car, chassis number 46037, was completed June 1, 1938. It was the 37th car produced and delivered to a Mrs. A. Sidi.
The car resurfaced and 'acquired' its present owners on May, 29, 2001. It was a rolling chassis with an engine block and 12 boxes of parts. The car was restored by LeStable of Glen Carbon, Illinois. It most recently received a perfect score at the 2008 Concours of the Jaguar Club of Greater St. Louis.
After 1939, Jaguar produced vehicles for the war effort. Civilian automobile production resumed in 1947. However, the now politically incorrect SS was removed and the company name was officially changed to Jaguar Cars, LTD.