Total Production: 205 1946 - 1953 The Daimler DE36 Series was produced from 1946 through 1953 with a total of 205 examples produced. They were offered in a variety of bodystyles including drop head coupes, limousines and saloons. Power was from an eight-cylinder unit that displaces 5460cc and produced enough power to carry the large and stately bodies - these would be the last Daimler models to be fitted with a straight-eight engine.
The DE models were the largest in the post-war Daimler production line. The DE36s were first shown to the public at the 1948 Earls Court motor show in London. The car on the stand was a drophead coupe with streamlined bodywork by the legendary coachbuilder, Hooper. It was painted in light green and would soon become known as the 'Green Goddess'. By Daniel Vaughan | Oct 2008