Total Production: 666 1957 - 1959 The SE492 was introduced to the public at a 1957 Motorshow alongside of the SE328. The SE492's were constructed to be either left or right hand drive and most were exported to the US.
The three cylinder 492 cc engine with three carburetors was capable of producing 30 horsepower. Top speed was achieved at 80 mph.
Production was low with around 650 examples of the two seaters being created. The four-seaters was even more rare with 16 examples created.
The original Berkely Manufacturing Company produced cars as early as 1913. The cars were powered by 18 horsepower engines. The company reappeared near the close of the 1950's and was located in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. The designs were created by Laurie Bond while Charles Panter provided the finacial backing. In total there were four models created and production lasted only a few years ending in 1960. By Daniel Vaughan | Apr 2017