Total Production: 100 1951 - 1953 Bill Tritt founded Glasspar in 1947 with the purpose of building fiberglass boats. His background included training as a marine architect and he had worked for Douglass Aircraft during the Second World War. In 1947, he received a commission to design a racing sailboat for a friend, which he decided to construct from fiberglass.
Tritt designed what became the G-2 in 1949 as the body of a hot rod a friend was building. After it was completed in 1951, it was shown at the Los Angeles Motorama where it received high praise. A fiberglass resin manufacturer purchased one to use as a sales tool with the automotive industry.
Glasspar built approximately 100 G-2 cars through 1953 of which only 29 are known to remain in modern times. Most of the cars were sold as kits, although the factory assembled ten as complete vehicles. Glasspar became the first company to produce fiberglass cars in production quantities.
Other work completed by Glasspa included the manufacturing of Kaiser Darrins, Volvo P1900s, Woodill Wildfires and others. The Glasspar was such a significant step in automotive history that the Smithsonian has added one to its permanent collection.