Delahaye produced a four-cylinder automobile named the 134 from 1933 through 1946. After 1936, it was known as the 134N. After World War II, they returned for a brief period, spearheaded by Delahaye manager Charles Weiffenbach, in hopes of reviving the French industry. Production of the 134 came to a close in 1946 to make way for the more lucrative 135, 148, and 175 models.
The Type 134 wore a design based on Jean Francois' Delahaye 135. Most were given saloon bodywork by Autobineau, a subsidiary of Letourneur et Marchand. The engine was a 2.15 liter unit that had a bore of 80 mm and a stroke of 107 mm. The 134N had a four-cylinder version of the 3.2-liter, four-bearing overhead valve inline six found in the 135.
The Type 134 models, in similar fashion to their 135 siblings, had an independent suspension setup which was leaf-sprung in the front and a live axle in the back. They had cable operated Bendix brakes. The engine was mated to either a four-speed manual or a four-speed Cotal pre-selector transmission.
In total, Delahaye produced a total of 340 examples of the 134N. Approximately 20 examples of the 2.4-liter 14CV 134G were built from 1945 through 1946, only for export. By Daniel Vaughan | Mar 2015