2007 Dodge Magnum is a Bold Blend of Packaging, Performance and Unique Proportions
The 2007 Dodge Magnum is a stylish alternative for consumers who want the comfort and performance of a car, and the capability and image of a sport-utility vehicle (SÚV), without sacrificing everyday functionality. Magnum offers a bold, unique profile; exceptional versatility; and rear-wheel and all-wheel-drive performance. Nothing else is like it on the road. 'Armed with cutting-edge technologies, the Dodge Magnum muscled its way onto the streets and changed the way customers think of family transportation,' said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Marketing, Chrysler Group. 'The unique combination of packaging, performance and proportions helps the 2007 Dodge Magnum stand out from the crowd.'
An optional Road/Track Performance Group is offered for the first time on the rear-wheel-drive, HEMI® V-8-powered, 2007 Dodge Magnum R/T. This option provides a spirited ride and firm handling for the passionate, enthusiast driver and includes performance-tuned suspension, braking and steering and new large 20-inch chrome-clad wheels and 245/45ZR20 all-season performance tires.
Fortified with integrated safety and security features, the 2007 Dodge Magnum provides outstanding occupant protection on the road. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gave the Dodge Magnum a five-star rating for driver and front-passenger protection in a frontal crash, the highest rating in the Ú.S. government's safety crash-test program. 'WHAT'S NEW FOR 2007' Exterior
- Úpdated palette offers eight exterior colors:
- Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
- Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
- Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat
- Marine Blue Pearl Coat
- Silver Steel Metallic Clear Coat
- Steel Blue Metallic Clear Coat
- Stone White Clear Coat
- AM/FM/six-CD full-map DVD-based navigation radio with GPS—optional on SXT
- SIRIÚS Satellite Radio with first-year subscription provided by SIRIÚS—standard on R/T
- Sunscreen Privacy Glass—standard on all Magnum models Powertrain / Chassis
- New 18-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels—optional on RWD R/T and SXT package
- New 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels and 245/45ZR20 all-season performance tires
Safety & Security
- Automatic oil change alert
- Low-risk deployment air bags
- Power adjustable pedals—standard on R/T models
- New Convenience Group III bundles automatic headlamps, one-touch express up/down front windows and dual-zone automatic temperature control (ATC) - optional on SXT
- New Road/Track Performance Group includes 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels; 245/45ZR20 all-season performance tires; performance exhaust/induction resulting in additional 10 horsepower; upgraded performance suspension and steering gear; performance seats with preferred suede inserts; automatic temperature control; express up/down front windows; 8-way driver and front passenger heated seats; automatic headlamps; load leveling and height control shocks; five exterior color offerings; and heritage R/T exterior badging and upholstery — available on RWD R/T model DESIGN
Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President – Design: 'The Dodge Magnum's bold exterior styling offers a new and exciting alternative for consumers who want a stylish and unique vehicle but who are unwilling to sacrifice everyday functionality. It's a package with proportions unlike any other in the marketplace.
The head-turning exterior design of the Dodge Magnum features a bold front grille, long hood, 'shooting brake' profile and strong, muscular cues.
The Dodge Magnum features a high beltline on the body, and a roofline that has been pulled down tautly around the windows, creating a unique proportion of body to glass – not unlike that found on hot rods and concept vehicles. The dramatic look is pure Dodge, with every element having a purpose.
The interior of the Magnum features a performance-oriented driver cockpit; a classic, no-nonsense, two-tone color treatment; and subtle Satin Silver accents. A 60-40 split-folding rear seat adds to everyday functionality. The unique rear liftgate swings up instead of out to allow for opening in tight spaces, and provides an unusually large cargo opening for flexible, useful space. ENGINEERING
Craig Love, Vice President – Rear-wheel drive Platform Team: 'We are excited to bring the Road/Track Performance Group option to the Dodge Magnum lineup for 2007. Driving enthusiasts who desire the very best in sports-car-like ride and handling – wrapped in a boldly styled, versatile vehicle – get that with this package.'
The 2007 Dodge Magnum lineup features three engines, two transmissions, rear-wheel and all-wheel drive systems, and a variety of suspension tuning characteristics to provide a range of model choices.
The Dodge Magnum offers unmatched performance in its segment when equipped with the legendary 340-hp HEMI V-8 engine, which features a Multi-displacement System (MDS) that seamlessly turns off the fuel consumption in four cylinders when V-8 power is not needed, improving fuel economy as much as 20 percent.
Proven technologies, including Electronic Stability Program (ESP); all-speed traction control system (TCS); and four-wheel, anti-lock brake system (ABS), help control the rear-wheel-drive 2007 Dodge Magnum models and provide exceptional ride and handling.
The all-wheel-drive Dodge Magnum models offer excellent cornering balance under all driving conditions and improved traction in snow and wet-weather conditions.Source - Dodgeg