The Italian Company, Siata (Societa Italian Auto Trasformazioni Accessori) was founded in 1926 by Giorgio Ambrosini that worked with modifying and tuning cars from Fiat. In 1949 Siata launched their first own car, the Siata Amica. Coachwork on this automobile was by Bertone of Turin, Italy.
The Siata is powered by a tuned 500cc Fiat engine and fitted with a special Siata cylinder head and dual Weber carburetors. The chassis is a welded box section platform.
This Siata was restored in Bordighera, Italy and purchased by the current owner in February 2007.
The Siata Amica was the company's first production model and was powered by a Fiat 500cc engine capable of producing 22 horsepower. A 750cc unit was also available, raising horsepower slightly, to 25. Production of the Amica began in 1948 and continued through 1952. There were two bodystyles available, a two-seater convertible/spider and a coupe.
In 1948, a specially prepared Amica won the Italian Championship. The car was outfitted with an engine that produced a little over 40 horsepower and was mated to a five-speed manual gearbox.
By Daniel Vaughan | Jun 2007