This four-wheel-drive Indianapolis racecar has an extensive Indy history. It raced with a Miller 8-cylinder engine from 1938 through 1941. There were no races from 1942 through 1945 due to WWII. It raced in 1946-1947 with a Miller/Offy 4-cylinder engine.
- 1938 Indy, car number 7, driven by Wild Bill Cummings, started 16th finished 24th with a speed of 122.393.
- 1939 Indy, car number 4, driven by Ted Horn, started 9th and finished 6th with a speed of 121.540.
- 1940 Indy, car number 3, driven by Ted Horn, started 4th and finished 4th with a speed of 125.545.
- 1941 Indy, car number 41, driven by Chet Miller, started 9th and finished 6th with a speed of 121.540.
- 1946 Indy, car number 61, driven by Jimmy Jackson, started 5th and finished 2nd with a speed of 120.257
- 1957 Indy, car number 7, driven by Jimmy Jackson, started 10th and finished 5th with a speed of 122.266.
Attempts were made to race from 1948 through 1951; but it either qualified and got bumped from the field or did not qualify.
Built by Myron Stevens for George Lyons, originally the car was built with a Miller 8-cylinder engine. Since the car did not do well with the 8-cylinder engine in its first year, 1938, it was converted to a 270 Offenhauser for the 1939 season and ran much better. The car was raced with the Offy for the rest of its racing career from 1938 to 1950, and qualified to race every year with the exception of 1950.