This #1675, 150S was the last of 23 in this series from 1955 to 1957. These 1,481 cc engines also powered two racing boats, two GT cars and one Lotus chassis. Using twin gear driven overhead camshafts (without head gaskets), dual ignition, dual two-choke Weber carburetors and dry sump lubrication with 9:1 compression, they produced 140 to 165 hp which was good for over 140 mph. The transmission was a four-speed and rear suspension was DeDion, a first for Maserati in sports racers. Aluminum coachwork was by Fantuzzi.
A first at Nurburgring in 1955 by Jean Behra was its most outstanding finished. Many reached the U.S. as S.C.C.A. racing in the 1.5-liter class was very popular. This one was raced on the west coast by Bob Baker.
Its second owner has entered it in vintage events at Laguna Seca, Road America, Roebling Road, Steamboat Springs, Gateway, and Waterford Hills, Chicago International Concours, and the Louis Vuitton Concours at Rockerfeller Center. it is in original condition with the addition of a roll bar, fuel cell and paint in 1991.