The Detroit based Everitt Company produced cars for only a short time, lasting from 1910 through 1912. The company was formed by the individuals who had created the E-M-F, Barney Everitt and William Metzger. They had left E-M-F in mid-1909, leaving their other partner, Walter Flanders (the F in E-M-F). The cars they produced were the Everitt and produced by the Metzger Motor Car Company.
For 1910, the Four-30 was introduced, which was very similar to the cars being produced by E-M-F. The Four-30 had a four-cylinder engine that produced 30 horsepower. It was available as either a four-passenger touring car or a runabout.
When Metzger and Everitt had left E-M-F, they took chief engineer William Kelly with them.
Prior to production beginning, the Everitt Company had 2500 units sold. For the following year, the Four-36 was introduced, followed by the Six-48 for 1912.By Daniel Vaughan | May 2009