2010 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®: Quickest Jeep Vehicle Ever
As the first four-wheel-drive SRT vehicle, Jeep Grand Chrokee SRT8® is the quickest, most powerful Jeep vehicle ever, offering astonishing on-road and all-weather capability and power. The specially developed four-wheel-drive system propels Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 from 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds—quicker than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and BMW X5—0-100-0 in low 19-second range and 60-0 mph in approximately 125 feet.
Powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 that produces 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (569 N•m), the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 delivers the complete performance package with exceptional ride and handling, world-class braking, race-inspired interior appointments and functional, performance-oriented exterior enhancements.
For example, the front fascia provides aerodynamic benefits by reducing lift and drag, while providing sufficient air flow to cool the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine. The front fascia also helps increase brake-system cooling through integrated air ducts.
The rear fascia incorporates an aggressive center cut-out in order to accommodate dual 4-inch exhaust tips. Sill extensions result in another functional enhancement by creating downforce.
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's cabin features an SRT signature race-inspired interior. Seats with added bolstering and a performance fabric insert keep occupants firmly in place under spirited driving conditions. A dark slate gray interior color, accent stitching on the seats and a unique SRT-designed leather-wrapped steering wheel are some of the highlights. Full instrumentation includes a 180-mph (300-kph) speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauges, all trimmed with a unique blue accent.
Providing horsepower and torque to the unique SRT four-wheel-drive system is a specially tuned version of the HEMI engine, which was developed by adding more displacement, increasing the compression ratio and redesigning cylinder heads, intake and exhaust systems for better flow and increased engine speed.
Power from the 6.1-liter HEMI is sent through a special torque converter to an SRT-upgraded, five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable Auto Stick, which offers a fully automatic or manual shift selection. Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8 - AT A GLANCE
Engine : 6.1 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 420 hp
Torque: 420 ft-lbs
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the quickest, most powerful Jeep vehicle ever
• Powered by the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 that produces 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's powertrain and performance-tuned ride and handling offer a world-class performance SÚV experience
• Quicker than Porsche Cayenne Turbo and BMW X5
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is the first Jeep SRT vehicle, offering on-road and all-weather capability and performance
• Specially developed four-wheel-drive system offers highly capable performance
• SRT performance: 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in low 19-second range, 60-0 mph in approximately 125 feet
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 offers a unique formula of design, power and performance
• Functional, performance-oriented exterior design features 20-inch SRT wheels, front and rear fascias with air dam and cooling ducts; race-inspired interior appointments that include deeply bolstered seating and comprehensive instrumentation; benchmark braking; and world-class ride-and-handling characteristics
• The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is part of a broad lineup of SRT vehicles developed under the credo, 'Race inspired, street legal' Source - Jeep