Bold, Powerful and Practical—2010 Dodge Charger a Year-round Performance SedanNEW FOR 2010
• Body-color sill cladding (all models)
• Chromed grille with black insert (standard on Charger SE)
• Supplemental Side-curtain Air Bags (standard on all models)
The 2010 Dodge Charger is a modern, four-door coupe that combines rear-wheel-drive muscle-car power, sports-car handling, leading-edge technology and five-passenger comfort to deliver a thrilling, yet fuel-efficient driving experience.
Modern technologies including Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and All-speed Traction Control make it possible to bring a 21st-century muscle car to market with the ride and handling characteristics inherent in rear-wheel drive. 2010 Dodge Charger rear-wheel-drive models feature outstanding performance and handling, near 50-50 weight distribution and unique suspension tuning for driving excitement.
All-wheel-drive Dodge Charger models feature an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect. No other major manufacturer offers these two independent technologies together. The unique system seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive with no driver intervention. When all-wheel drive is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel drive.
For even more handling performance, the Road/Track Performance Group offers P245/45R20 all-season performance tires and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels. Tuned for firmer handling, this package is available on the V-8 HEMI-powered Dodge Charger R/T model and includes performance heated front seats with suede inserts, rear deck-lid and front fascia spoilers, load-leveling and height-control shocks, and performance suspension, steering, brakes, exhaust and induction system.
In addition to the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8-powered Dodge Charger R/T, a Super Track Pack handling package offers even more driving excitement with 20-inch Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car tires, front and rear Nivomat self-leveling shock-absorbers, a larger rear stabilizer bar, a 3.06 rear-axle ratio and less-intrusive ESC. Dodge Charger : AT A GLANCE
Engine : 2.7 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 178 hp
Torque: 190 ft-lbs
Engine : 3.5 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 250 hp
Torque: 250 ft-lbs
Engine : 5.7 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 368 hp
Torque: 395 ft-lbs
Engine : 5.7 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 372 hp
Torque: 400 ft-lbs
4-speed Automatic5-speed Automatic
Modern coupe styling with four-door functionality
• A high beltline, aggressive roofline and coupe-like profile hint at past designs, but the Dodge Charger continues as a fresh execution of modern muscle
• With a contemporary design to back up its power, sports-car handling and cutting-edge technology, today's consumers will appreciate the added function, convenience and interior capacity of a full-size passenger car with American rear-wheel-drive muscle-car genes
• A short- and long-arm (SLA) front suspension system combined with a five-link independent rear suspension system are tuned to provide spirited driving and handling performance
• Dodge Charger models are available with a five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick to provide a full range of transmission performance to match a variety of driving styles and situations It's got a HEMI!
• Dodge Charger R/T offers exceptional performance with the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, producing 368 horsepower (274 kW) and 395 lb.-ft. (536 N•m) of torque and features fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS) technology that provides as much as a 20-percent improvement in fuel economy
• Best of both worlds—the security of all-wheel drive with the spirit and handling of rear-wheel drive
• All-wheel-drive models add outstanding performance and stability in all driving conditions
• Dodge Charger all-wheel-drive models are equipped with an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect—an innovative 'on-demand' system that disconnects the front axle from the drivetrain until all-wheel drive becomes necessary
• Allowing the vehicle to switch between two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive maximizes fuel economy on all-wheel-drive Dodge Charger models, while still providing the outstanding performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel drive Safety and security
• Dodge Charger models are available with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Brake Assist, All-speed traction control and four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
• Additional passive and active safety features include rear-sill reinforcement and structure, energy-absorbing steering column, low-risk deployment air bags and supplemental side-curtain air bags Customer convenience technology
• Available Boston Acoustics audio systems including a six-speaker, 276-watt amplifier system or an eight-speaker, 5.1 Matrix surround-sound amplifier including subwoofer
• Available Úconnect™ Multimedia features a 30-gigabyte hard drive for ripping up to 6,700 songs from CD or ÚSB memory, photo uploading for home-screen personalization and the ability to display movies when the vehicle is in Park (as permitted by state regulations)
• Available Úconnect Phone features Bluetooth technology to provide voice-controlled wireless communication between the occupants' compatible mobile phone and the vehicle's onboard receiver
• Available Úconnect Navigation combines the features of Úconnect Phone and Úconnect Multimedia with navigation and real-time traffic updates
• Available rear-seat Video Entertainment System (VES®) features 7-inch LCD screen and two wireless headphones for DVD and auxiliary audio/video entertainment Source - Dodge