Accessorized Corvette Grand Sport with Heritage Package
Earlier this year, Chevrolet announced the return of the Corvette Grand Sport model. It's a track-oriented Corvette with wider wheels and tires, special suspension tuning and unique exterior details. The Corvette Grand Sport achieves a 0-60 time of less than four seconds, pulls 1.0 g on the skid pad and still boasts an EPA-rated highway fuel economy 26 mpg.
The version displayed at SEMA introduces a host of Grand Sport accessories that will be offered in 2010. It is a standard Grand Sport convertible equipped with the Heritage Package, but in a new Cyber Grey exterior color, with forthcoming accessories that include:
• Mesh inserts for the front fender vents
• ZR1-style front splitter and rear spoiler (painted satin black)
• ZR1-style rocker extensions and wheel spats (painted satin black)
• Body-color door handles and license plate frame
• Tinted dark chrome fender badges
• 'Tech' pattern engine cover with red lettering inserts
Engine : 6.2 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 430 hp
Torque: 424 ft-lbs
6-speed Manual, 6-speed Automatic
• Grand Sport-logo hood blanket
• Grand Sport-logo floor mats and leather console cover
• Red stitched shifter knob/boot and red parking brake boot
• 'Tech' pattern interior trim kit
• PAL iPod connector
• Convertible wind screen
• Racing-style pedal covers
• Interior storage pouches
The Grand Sport accessories are expected to go on sale in early 2010. They're available through any Chevrolet or other authorized GM dealer. Camaro Extravaganza: Chevrolet Hits The SEMA Show With Five Inspired Concepts Of The Red-Hot Sports Coupe
Chevrolet unveiled five dramatic Camaro concepts at the annual automotive aftermarket extravaganza known as the SEMA Convention, each representing a different vision of style, personalization and performance.
The Camaro concept vehicles include:
• A race-ready, twin-turbocharged V-6 concept built for talk show host and auto enthusiast Jay Leno
• The Camaro Synergy concept that reveals a new, limited-production exterior color for spring 2010 and is accented with a number of production accessories and custom touches
• The Camaro Chroma, an SS-based concept with a number of future accessories
• The Camaro Dusk, which incorporates current and proposed accessories to create a contemporary tuner aesthetic
• Camaro Graphics, highlighting six proposed accessory graphics packages, with online voting by the public to gauge interest in potential future production of one or more of the packages.
'During the annual SEMA Convention, the popularity of a new car can be easily judged by the number of ‘tuner' versions used by various companies to showcase their latest products; and the Camaro is our runaway hit this year, with countless examples displaying everything from mild styling accessories to wild performance modifications,' said Brent Dewar, vice president, Global Chevrolet Brand. 'We're thrilled by all the creative ideas, but especially proud of the cars we developed in-house. They represent modern interpretations of the Camaro that could easily be created by owners using the accessories offered by Chevrolet.'
Many of the Camaro accessories can be ordered through Chevy dealers for installation at the time of the vehicle's purchase. This allows customers to personalize their cars to their exact wishes, with installation handled by the dealer and the cost rolled into the monthly payments.Source - Chevrolet