The new Dodge Super 8 Hemi concept car is a melting pot of classic Dodge design with Dodge trucks and sport utility vehicles. It combines the best of both worlds to form the newest execution of Passenger Priority design in the guise of a sedan. (concept carz) But where other sedans sit lower to the ground, the Super8 Hemi stands tall to enhance visibility, comfort, space and ease of entry and exit for both driver and passengers.
Únderneath the hood sits the real story of this concept car with roots in the 40s and 50s: the famed Hemi engine that made its name on the early NASCAR tracks. This iteration is a 5.7-liter V8 engine with hemispherical combustion chambers and two spark plugs per cylinder that produces a whopping 353 horsepower and 395 pound-feet of torque with a calculated top speed of 154 mph. Horsepower is delivered to the rear wheels via a four-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick(r) that brings the concept car from zero to 60 in only 5.7 seconds.
As with all concept cars, the Super8 Hemi doesn't fall short on futuristic gadgets:
• A 6.4-inch screen is incorporated in the instrument panel
• Two 8.4 touch screens are located on articulating arms mounted on front-seat backrests for rear-seat passengers
• Infotronic Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech telematics technology for onboard devices that maintain an instant link between personal space and cyber space
• Internet-based off-board navigation system with email access
• Home Connection System allows you to activate or disable home appliances, security systems, and entertainment systems from your car through an Internet-based remote interface
• A rear-seat entertainment system includes location-based online trivia games, playable either with other passengers, or with a player in another vehicle by way of GPS location technology Nationwide, digital quality, satellite-based audio via Satellite Radio in the continental Ú.S. Passengers can choose between 100 unique channels, 50 of which are commercial freeSource - Dodge Media