The F.B. Stearns Company built automobiles in Cleveland for 30 years - from 1900 until 1929. The automobiles were originally sold as Stearns automobiles but adopted the Stearns-Knight name in 1912, since they were powered by the innovative Knight sleeve-valve motor. Early cars were built from the affluent motorist; nearly all models were priced over $3,000 - about five times the cost of a Model T.
John North Willys bought Stearns in 1925. He kept Stearns an independent manufacturer rather than adding the company to his growing Willys-Overland empire.
Stearns-Knight ended production after the stock market crash put its exclusive cars both out of reach and out of fashion.Source - AACA Museum