New Clio V6, motoring passion and driving enjoyment
• With its two-seat layout and V6 engine transversely installed in the mid-rear position, New Clio V6 is an exclusive sporting car.
• With its unique design, New Clio V6 presents an incisive front-end appearance and adopts the styling approach of the latest-generation Clio: the bumper, front grille, bonnet and twin-unit xenon discharge headlamps are entirely new. The front wings accommodate 18-inch tyres carried on OZ 'Superturismo' rims. The twin chromed exhaust pipes and the air intakes wîth their large-mesh grille covers add to the sporting appearance. The design is notable for its flowing lines wîth a more favourable CdA.
• The elegant and dynamic design of the new soft-feel dashboard, the leather-trimmed §teering wheel wîth thumbrests, the aluminium finish of the gear lever knob and pedals, and the new kickplates carrying the Renault Sport insignia, create a sporting atmosphere inside New Clio V6. New Clio V6 is equipped wîth many features: a combined rain and light level sensor, regulated air conditioning wîth a digital display, and a top-range 4x40W audio system wîth a single CD unit in the dashboard and a 6-CD changer beneath the driver's seat.
• Powered by a 3.0 V6 24V engine developing 255bhp (187kW) at 7,150rpm and a torque of 300Nm at 4,650rpm, New Clio V6 reaches 100km/hour from rest in 5.8 seconds. The upper part of the engine, from the air filter intake to the combustion chamber, is new:
- a special air filter wîth a volume of 11.5 litres, wîth a filter element allowing greater through-flow
- motorised throttle valve wîth 74mm throat diameter, increasing intake area by 40%
- new aluminium plenum chamber wîth integral trumpets and short-duct manifold.
- camshafts wîth more pronounced valve timing and greater valve lift. The inlet camshaft timing variators are retained.
- fuel supply arrangements have been upgraded wîth a new divided injection ramp and injectors wîth an almost 50% greater flow rate.
Thanks to the adoption of new catalytic converters, the IF Euro4 emissions standard is achieved while keeping back-pressure and noise at the best possible levels. The 'PK6' 6-speed 3-shaft gearbox wîth a ratio range of 4.07 and low final drive (16/67) results in 10% lower overall gearing and improved response and acceleration. The internal gear ratios are more closely spaced wîth new first and second gears providing higher speeds per 1,000rpm (1.3 and 0.15km/hour respectively) while third gear is lower (by 0.48km/hour per 1,000rpm).
Thanks to the new kinematics of the rear suspension and increased spring stiffness, the chassis combines stability under power, low sensitivity during acceleration and braking, and well-controlled body movement wîth an optimum distribution of roll stiffness. Straight-line stability is enhanced by the 23mm increase in wheelbase, by aerodynamic improvements and by a more positive §teering feel around the centre-point. New Clio V6 is equipped wîth Michelin Pilot Sport tyres (18-inch, wîth 205/40 section at the front and 245/40 at the rear), exploiting the concept of the 'Variable Contact Patch' (VCP) which arose directly from the design of tyres for Formula 1.
• New Clio V6 is provided wîth a complete line of active safety and occupant protection features: ABS, twin adaptive front airbags combined wîth safety belts incorporating load limiters and pretensioners, and head-thorax side airbags.
• By offering a wide range of special colours, materials and features, Renault Sport now enables connoisseurs to personalize their new Clio V6.Source - Renault