The 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD was designed for effortless towing and hauling. It looks great doing it, too – especially when it is connected to a Chevy race car and trailer. Chevrolet highlighted the capabilities of the new HD truck at the SEMA show by pairing it with a race car mounted on an open trailer and hooked to a Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab Dually.
'A Chevy race car being towed by a new Silverado HD truck is a combination any enthusiast would love to call his own,' said Paul Arnone, lead designer. 'The 2011 Silverado 3500HD can tow up to 21,700 pounds, so a race car on an open trailer is no sweat for this truck.'
Maximum towing capability is achieved with the improved Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine and that's exactly what's under the hood of the display vehicle. It's paired with a revised version of the Allison 1000 six-speed automatic for a powertrain combination that is more powerful yet more fuel-efficient than the one it replaces.
No powertrain modifications were made to the display vehicle, but its exterior and interior wear a number of Chevrolet Accessories and other aftermarket parts, as well as a few custom touches developed by Chevrolet designers. They reflect the personalization many customers perform to enhance the style, comfort and capabilities of their truck. Highlights include a full-width tool box and, on the inside, dual DVD headrests.
'Just about every unique part or system on the show vehicle is available through Chevrolet dealers or via licensed aftermarket manufacturers,' said Arnone. 'It is a truck designed for the greatest work capability, but it does so with exceptional comfort and flair.'
• Black color with custom racing graphics
• Custom grille insert
• Chrome hood louvers
• 17-inch bright wheels
• Six-inch chrome oval assist steps
• Six-inch custom box steps
• Full-width tool box Cargo Management System
• Body-color splash guards
• Chrome fuel door
• Trailering mirrorsInterior:
• Ebony leather seating with color stitching and piping
• Custom interior trim treatment in piano black
• Dual DVD headrests with HD Wi-Fi headphones
• Navigation radio
• Autonet mobile Wi-FiPerformance:
• Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel and Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmissionSource - Chevrolet