The Iconic Jeep® Brand: Celebrating 70 Years of the Authentic SUV
• with distinctive, premium special Anniversary Edition models
• Entire Jeep vehicle lineup significantly enhanced for 2011
Jeep® – one of the world's few, true icons – is celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2011. To mark the occasion, the Jeep brand is creating distinctive, unique 70th Anniversary Edition models of each vehicle in its lineup.
'The Jeep brand's legendary heritage and capability have made it iconic – well-known and loved throughout the world,' said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. 'Since they were first produced in 1941, Jeep vehicles have been the authentic benchmark for off-road capability, having mastered more terrain, led more adventures and provided drivers more freedom than any other vehicle before or since.
'As part of our celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the Jeep brand, we are creating stunning, premium special-edition models of each vehicle in our lineup that pay homage to the history of the legendary Jeep brand,' Manley added.
All Jeep 70th Anniversary Edition models will arrive in showrooms in the first quarter of 2011, and all will be available in a unique Bronze Star exterior paint, in addition to Bright Silver and Black.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition
The Ú.S. MSRP of the Jeep Grand Cherokee 70th Anniversary Edition is $35,770 (plus $780 destination). It is available on Grand Cherokee Laredo X models. Features include:
• Únique, polished 20-inch aluminum wheel with Mineral Gray pockets
Engine : 3.6 L., 6-cylinder
Power: 280 hp
Torque: 260 ft-lbs
• 70th Anniversary badge
• Dark Olive leather seats with perforated inserts with Chestnut accent stitching and piping
• Black/Dark Olive with Chestnut accents is also available
• Door bolster and armrest in Dark Olive and wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
• Center console in Dark Olive perforated leather wrapped with Chestnut accent stitching
• Black leather wrapped steering wheel with Chestnut accent stitching
• Berber floor mats with Chestnut binding
• New satin chrome-plated, graphite anodized paint and Black Lacewood interior finish
• Únique cluster overlay and needles
• 70th Anniversary logo on radio screenSource - Jeep