The Frazer was the 'senior' line of the Kaiser-Frazer Company even though Frazer shared the same basic bodies with Kaiser from 1947 to 1950.
The Frazer was designed by Howard 'Dutch' Darrin, but was modified somewhat by other stylists. The 1950 Frazer was promoted by the company as a 'superb new Frazer that is the last word in luxury.'
The 1950 Frazers were powered by an L-head six-cylinder, 226.2 cubic-inch motor that developed 112 horsepower. Factory price of the Frazer Standard four-door sedan was $2,395 less options.
Kaiser-Frazer was America's 12th ranked automaker in 1950.
The 1950s Frazer models were identical to their 1949 siblings, yet the Frazer marque claimed that its designers had 'created a superb new Frazer that is the last word in luxury.' There were minor updates, such as a few trim pieces, but many were leftover 1949 models. In 1949, Frazer sold about half as many Series F49 models as they did to the prior year's F48 models.
The 1950 Frazer Standard F50 was powered by a 226.2 cubic-inch L-head six-cylinder engine that was mated to a three-speed manual gearbox. It was available as a four-door sedan and sold for just under $2,400. They had a welded steel body construction, Super-Cushion low pressure tires, Tru-line steering with triple control and centrifuge brake drums with floating shoe brakes. In the front were coil springs.
The Frazer offered plenty of trunk space, measuring 27 cubic-feet of storage. There were push-button door latches, large ash receivers, and wraparound bumpers.
By Daniel Vaughan | Sep 2011
Including 1949 and 1950, Frazer produced a total of 24,923 vehicles, with estimates of 14,700 examples of the Standard models and the remaining 10,020 vehicles being the Manhattans. For 1950, Kaiser-Frazer was America's 12th ranked automaker.