2013 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 IS CAPABLE, DEPENDABLE AND EFFICIENTNew for 2013
•Powertrain grade braking now included in all six-speed automatic transmissions
•Exterior colors: Deep Ruby Metallic and Blue Topaz Metallic
With a broad range of body styles and proven, fuel-efficient powertrains, the 2013 Silverado 1500 can tackle just about any job a truck owner can imagine – from hauling equipment and a crew to a job site to towing a camper for a family vacation.
Reflecting the importance of low cost of ownership to full-size pickup customers, Silverado continues to offer proven V-8 power with an EPA highway estimate of 21 mpg for mainstream 2WD or 4WD models, and a 22-mpg highway estimate for the Silverado XFE.
Silverado's capable, efficient powertrains have helped make it the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup, backed by a five-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty.
Silverado 1500 offers a full lineup of pickups to meet almost any need, including WT, LS, LT, XFE and LTZ models, as well as the unique Silverado 1500 Hybrid – the industry's only hybrid full-size truck. Silverado 1500 models are available in three cab styles – regular, extended and crew cab – as well as three cargo box lengths: 5 foot 8 inches (short), 6 foot 6 inches (standard) and 8 foot (long).
Powertrain grade braking is now included in all six-speed automatic transmissions. This feature reduces brake rotor temperatures 100 degrees Celsius on grade tests by downshifting transmission gears, thereby reducing brake applications on long downhill conditions. Silverado 1500 offers a comprehensive array of features that make it an excellent choice for towing and hauling, including:
• StabiliTrak with trailer sway control and hill-start assist
• Tow-haul mode for automatic transmissions
• The new-for-2013 powertrain grade braking (both in and out of tow-haul mode)
• Available Integrated trailer brake controller
• Available max trailering package (10,700-pound / 4,853 kg maximum trailer weight rating)
• Available rear vision camera.
Silverado's full-size truck architecture enables a smooth ride and confident handling, without compromising the capability that is so important to pickup customers. A lineup of powerful small-block V-8 engines and six-speed automatic transmissions complement the strong chassis by enabling a maximum payload capacity of 1,937 pounds (838 kg). When equipped with the available max trailering package and the 6.2L V-8, the Silverado 1500 can tow up to 10,700 pounds (4,853 kg).
For customers looking for enhanced fuel economy, the Silverado XFE (2WD crew cab) delivers an EPA-estimated 22 mpg on the highway, thanks to unique aerodynamic enhancements, a 5.3L/six-speed automatic powertrain and other details. It also boasts a towing capacity of 7,000 pounds (3,175 kg).
The Silverado Hybrid returns for 2013, delivering segment-leading fuel economy estimates of 20 mpg city/23 mpg highway, while offering the Silverado's traditional capabilities – including a 6,100-pound (2,767 kg) towing capacity. Please see the separate Silverado Hybrid release for complete details and specifications.
Two new colors are added for 2013: Deep Ruby Metallic and Blue Topaz Metallic. Silverado design and exterior features
Silverado's chiseled design and broad-shouldered stance reflect the no-nonsense capability that have defined Chevy trucks for nearly 95 years, and give Silverado a confident, firmly planted stance. Design details include a power dome hood, flared rear fenders, vertically stacked reflector-optics headlamps and Chevrolet's iconic bow tie emblem in the grille.
A chrome bumper is standard on LS, LT and XFE trim level models, while LTZ trim level models receive body-color front bumpers. The large, grab-style door handles are designed for easy use with gloves. Highlights of Silverado's standard and available exterior features include:
• Fog lamps are standard on LTZ and available on LT and XFE
• Heated, power-adjustable outside mirrors including auto-dimming, integrated signal indicators, ground lights and curb-tilt feature are standard on LTZ
• Heated, power-adjustable vertical camper-style outside mirrors are available on LT, XFE and LTZ. Manual-folding camper-style mirrors are available on WT
• EZ-Lift tailgate (spring-loaded) is available on WT, LT, XFE and LTZ models.
• Locking tailgate is available on WT, LT, XFE and LTZ models
• A range of 17-inch, 18-inch and 20-inch wheels is offered. Seventeen-inch wheels are standard on all models. Eighteen-inch wheels are included with the Z71 package. Twenty-inch wheels are available on LT, XFE and LTZ
• Dealer-installed accessory wheels include 20- and 22-inch designs
• LS Package is available on WT models and includes chrome-styled steel wheels, chrome front bumper and chrome grille surround
• Chrome Essentials Package is available on LT and LTZ models. Content includes a polished exhaust tip, chrome recovery hooks, chrome door handles, chrome mirror caps and chrome-clad aluminum wheels
• Exterior color choices include: Black, Blue Granite Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic, Deep Ruby Metallic, Summit White, White Diamond Tricoat, Victory Red, Silver Ice Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic and Graystone Metallic.
The Z71 appearance package is available on LT and LTZ extended cab and crew cab models. Content includes the Z71 suspension package, 18-inch aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires, fog lamps, body-color lower front fascia and grille, outside mirrors and door handles, unique Z71 decal, bright aluminum Chevrolet sill plates, Z71 gauge cluster, chrome recovery hooks, and Rancho front and rear shocks.
Dealer-installed accessories are available for Silverado 1500, including tonneau covers, chrome packages, bed liners, utility racks and more. Silverado interior standard and available features
Silverado features two interiors to meet the diverse needs of customers. The WT, LS and LT trim levels feature the 'pure pickup' interior and the LTZ trim level features the luxury-inspired interior similar to Chevrolet's full-size utilities.
WT, LS and LT trim levels feature larger controls and door handles that are easier to use with gloves. A large-capacity, double glove box is part of the instrument panel. LTZ models feature a luxury-inspired interior with a unique instrument panel, door panels, larger-capacity center console that offers 20.1 liters of undivided storage and other distinct trim.
A stadium-style rear seat with a 60/40-split design and folding center armrest is standard on crew cab models and available on extended cab models. It can be easily folded up with one hand, without using a release handle, to provide an uninterrupted load floor. Alternatively, either section of the split seat can be stowed independently, allowing room for both cargo and a rear-seat passenger.
Rear access doors open 170 degrees for easy entry to the rear seat/storage area of extended cab models. Power-operated rear side windows lower completely into the 170-degree access doors, providing 100-percent openness on LT and LTZ models. Additional interior features include:
• Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on LTZ and available on LT and XFE; single-zone manual climate control is standard on WT, LS, LT and XFE
• Navigation radio with AM/FM stereo, MP3-compatible CD/DVD player and ÚSB port is available on LTZ models
• Bose premium speaker system with subwoofer mounted in the center console is standard on LTZ and available on LT and XFE
• Rear-seat entertainment system is available on LTZ crew cab and includes a rear-seat DVD player, remote control and two sets of wireless headphones
• SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard on LS, LT, XFE and LTZ models and available on WT. SiriusXM NavTraffic feature is available on LT, XFE and LTZ
• Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity is standard on LTZ models and available on WT and LS
• Power-adjustable pedals are available on LT, XFE and LTZ models
• Two auxiliary 12-volt power outlets are standard on all models and mounted on the instrument panel
• Remote vehicle starter system is standard on LTZ and available on LT and XFE models
• Leather-trimmed front seat trim is standard on LTZ and available on LT and XFE models
• Front bucket seats with 10-way power driver and passenger seat adjusters are standard on LTZ models. Front bucket seats with six-way power adjusters are available on LT and XFE models
• Rear 60/40-split folding bench seat is standard on crew cab models
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel is standard on LT, XFE and LTZ models and available on WT and LS
• Power-operated sunroof is available on LTZ crew cab models
• Power-operated rear sliding window is available on LT, XFE and LTZ models.
Silverado's interior color and trim combinations include Ebony, Light Cashmere/Dark Cashmere, Light Titanium/Dark Titanium and Dark Titanium. Silverado powertrains
Silverado 1500's engine offerings include:
Silverado models are powered by an efficient lineup of proven engines, led by Vortec small-block V-8s. These engines build on 57 years of V-8 experience and billions of real-world miles, while also including advanced technologies such as Active Fuel Management (AFM) and variable valve timing (VVT) to optimize performance and efficiency. Three FlexFuel engines are available – and partnered with fuel-saving AFM – giving customers the choice of powering their truck with E85 ethanol, gasoline or a combination of both fuels.
• 4.3L V-6 (LÚ3), rated at 195 hp (145 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque (351 Nm).
• 4.8L V-8 (L20), E85-capable with iron block; rated at 302 hp (225 kW) and 305 lb.-ft. of torque (412 Nm).
• 5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LMG), E85-capable with iron block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 335 lb.-ft. of torque (452 Nm).
• 5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LC9), E85-capable with aluminum block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 335 lb.-ft. of torque (452 Nm).
• 6.2L V-8 (L9H), with E85 FlexFuel capability, an aluminum block and variable valve timing, rated at 403 hp (300 kW) and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm). This engine is available in crew cab and extended cab models.
Built on GM's full-size truck platform, the Silverado incorporates features such as a fully boxed frame – with a hydroformed front section – coil-over-shock front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering.
Silverado is offered with five suspension systems, each tailored to suit specific driving requirements:
• Z83 – Delivers a solid, smooth ride with monotube front and twin-tube rear shocks
• Z85 – Designed for enhanced handling and trailer towing, with monotube front and rear shocks
• Z71 – Delivers enhanced off-road capability; features monotube front and rear shocks
• Z60 – Designed for maximum street performance and offered with 20-inch wheels
• NHT – Designed for maximum towing capacity; it includes monotube rear shocks, 17-inch wheels and off-road tires, and high-capacity rear springs.
A stiff frame reduces vibrations transmitted to the passenger cabin, while the strength and accuracy of the fully boxed frame also enable precise mounting and tuning of chassis and suspension components. Wide front and rear tracks – 68.1 inches (1,732 mm) front/67 inches (1,702 mm) rear – enhance handling and vehicle stability for a more confident road feel. Additional chassis and suspension details include:
• A coil-over-shock front suspension delivers linear handling characteristics on all road surfaces
• A rack-and-pinion steering system provides precise control and strong on-center feel
• A Hotchkiss-type rear suspension provides superior isolation and ride with a splayed arrangement for the shock absorbers
• Four-channel ABS is standard on all models and is linked to the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system to help mitigate rollover crashes
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control with electronic trailer sway control and hill-start assist is standard on all models
• Autotrac electronic transfer case is standard on LT and LTZ models and available on WT and LS
• A GM segment-exclusive automatic locking rear differential is standard on XFE and LTZ models and available on WT, LS and LT models
• Integrated trailer brake controller is available on all models (except when equipped with the 4.3L engine).
The Z71 suspension is available on LT and LTZ models. Content includes high-pressure, gas-charged monotube shocks, on/off-road tires, off-road jounce bumpers, front recovery hooks (2WD), a durable skid plate and high-capacity air cleaner.
The NHT max trailering package is available on LT and LTZ extended cab and crew cab models. Content includes the 6.2L V-8 engine, heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential, Z85 suspension, 9.5-inch rear axle, 3.73 axle ratio, 17-inch aluminum wheels and on/off-road tires and four-wheel disc brakes. Silverado safety and crash-avoidance features
Silverado has a strong body structure to absorb crash energy and provide a protective 'safety cage' around occupants. Standard head curtain side air bags with rollover protection are featured for all seating rows, while standard seat-mounted side-impact air bags for driver and right-front passenger provide thorax and pelvic protection. The roof-mounted head curtain air bags include design features that provide increased rollover protection and occupant containment. Additional safety features include:
• Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system helps reduce the risk of rollover crashes by keeping the vehicle in the driver's intended path by applying throttle, braking or a combination of both
• Available rearview camera system designed to provide the driver with
a view of people or objects in the rearward path of the vehicle
• Standard high-capacity brake system with four-channel ABS featuring smooth, quiet operation, longer pad life and more resistance to brake pulsation
• Standard front safety belt pretensioners minimize forward movement during a collision. Load-limiting retractors cinch the belt more tightly
• Standard tire pressure monitoring system
• Standard remote keyless entry (RKE) system provides a second function for the red panic button. Drivers can use it to locate their vehicle without sounding the panic alarm. OnStar details
Six months of OnStar Directions and Connections service is standard on Silverado. OnStar is the global leading provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology.
OnStar's RemoteLink Mobile App allows smartphone users to control vehicle functions, access vehicle information and send directions directly to the vehicle. A new, opt-in service called FamilyLink allows subscribers to stay connected to loved ones by checking the location of their vehicle online or by signing up for vehicle location alerts.
Silverado also features new OnStar button icons. Drivers will notice an updated look for the Hands-Free Calling button, blue OnStar button and red Emergency button.Source - Chevrolet