CALLAWAY CARS RELEASES THEIR MOST POWERFUL CORVETTE
• 757 bhp / 777 lb-ft
• Z06-based Corvette upgrade boasts 32% larger supercharger, triple intercoolers, and consistent power - lap after lap
Why Go Big, When You Can Go Bigger?
The Numbers - Callaway Cars today announced power numbers and performance for the flagship model in their performance car lineup. Equipped with Callaway's GenThree Supercharger, the Corvette Z06 now produces 757 bhp @ 6,200 rpm and 777 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm (SAE). A launch to 60 mph is now achieved in 2.8 seconds, and a quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds at 131 mph.
- Size Matters. To reach that power (which is up from 650 bhp / 650 lb-ft) the supercharger itself needed to be bigger since the output of a positive displacement supercharger is proportionate to its size. The Callaway GenThree supercharger is 32% larger in displacement (2300cc vs 1740cc).
Cooling - Callaway engineers recognize that a key contributor to maximizing power is reduction of inlet air temperature associated with forced induction. Callaway's unique triple-element intercooler configuration provides significantly lower and well-managed inlet charge air temperatures than single or smaller dual-element designs. The supercharger housing extends through the hood, thereby exposing it to outside ambient airflow and adding an element of convective cooling. The supercharger is visible without opening the hood, and heat is inherently extracted from the engine compartment.
- The supercharger assembly is no longer cramped below the hood line. The completely redesigned manifold helps maintain consistent charge air temperatures with exceptionally low restriction and even airflow distribution to all cylinders, which results in a broad torque band producing over 500 lb-ft from 2,000 to 6,400 rpm. This translates to more consistent power delivery in severe-duty driving environments, a compromise typically observed with 'underhood' approaches. A 10-rib drive pulley system was also integrated to prevent belt-slippage.Patents
- The technical features of the Callaway GenThree supercharger are significant enough that utility and design aspects of the system have been awarded patent pending status through the ÚS Patent and Trademark Office.Competence
- 35 years of experience, compliance and warranty. All Callaway cars are assembled to precise engineering specifications by expert technicians at Callaway facilities, exclusively. Callaway provides the most comprehensive standard warranty among all specialty manufacturers. All Callaway cars are also fully emission-compliant. Additionally, there is an optional 5 year/60,000 mile Extended Powertrain Service Contract on all 2016 models.
Engine : 2.3 L., 8-cylinder
Power: 757 hp
Torque: 777 ft-lbs
7-speed Manual8-speed Automatic
CALLAWAY CORVETTE Z06 STANDARD EQÚIPMENT INCLÚDES:
◾Callaway GenThree Supercharger (pat. pend.)
with Triple-Element Intercooler System
◾Callaway Supercharger Hood Surround
◾Callaway Carbon Fiber Engine Mid-Covers
◾Callaway High Flow Air Intake System
◾Callaway Embroidered Floor Mats
◾Callaway Anodized Aluminum Door Sill Panels
◾Callaway Exterior and Interior Badging
◾Callaway Únderhood Build Plaque with Vehicle Identification Number
◾Callaway Key Fobs
◾Callaway Authenticity Documentation Package
◾Callaway 3 Year, 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Callaway's standard 3 Year/36,000 Mile Limited Warranty overlaps the factory GM warranties, and ensures that Callaway Corvettes are not blocked for service by GM dealerships nationwide. Optional equipment for 2016 includes a 5 Year/60,000 Mile Powertrain Service Contract, ShortThrow Shifter, Callaway Sport Exhaust with Double-D Tips, Embroidered Car Cover, and National Corvette Museum Delivery.
All Callaway Corvettes are prepared to Callaway engineering specifications by expert craftsmen in Callaway's Connecticut and California factories. Callaway Corvettes are sold and serviced by Chevrolet dealerships across North America that are members of Callaway's Authorized Dealer Network. Callaway staff also works with prospective buyers who are not located near Callaway Authorized Dealers to facilitate delivery, maintenance, and warranty service.The Callaway Corvette Z06 Package price: $16,995.00 with vehicles now in production.
Callaway Cars Incorporated is an automotive engineering and manufacturing corporation specializing in high performance applications. Founded in 1976, the corporation's four core business units include Callaway Cars, Callaway Carbon, Callaway Engineering and Callaway Competition with facilities in California, Connecticut and Germany. The organization produces specialty vehicles, engineering services, and performance products that showcase technological sophistication, artistry in design, and beauty in craftsmanship.Source - Callaway