2018 Audi S4 achieves a class-leading 0-60 mph time in its competitive segment
• Offering the quickness and competence expected from Audi S models, the all-new S4 achieves a class-leading 0-60 mph of 4.4 seconds
• Providing more horsepower and torque, the S4's all-new 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 produces 354 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque
• Representing a balance of daily driving performance, dynamic design and benchmark technologies, the 2018 Audi S4 will go on sale Spring 2017HERNDON, Virginia, February 21, 2017 –
With enhanced performance and benchmark technologies, combined with a more dynamic design, the all-new 2018 Audi S4 offers customers versatility, with seating for up to four and the quickness and competence that is expected from Audi S models.Powertrain and Performance
New for 2018, the S4 features a 3.0-liter TFSI® V6 that has been reengineered to provide more horsepower and torque and a quicker buildup of peak output. With the same 2,995 cc of displacement as the previous engine, power has increased by 21 horsepower, to 354 hp, and by 44 lb-ft of torque, up to 369 lb-ft.
In addition, the broad torque curve now reaches maximum force at a low 1,370-4,500 RPM range. A single turbocharger replaces the supercharger from the previous generation and helps manage exhaust gas flow to the turbine with a twin-scroll housing design.
New for 2018, the S4 comes standard-equipped with an eight-speed tiptronic® automatic transmission that is well-suited for the low-end torque of the new V6 engine, making it possible for the engine to consistently run near its ideal engine speed. Lower gears offer short, sporty ratios while longer upper gears help reduce engine revs.
Every Audi S4 is standard-equipped with quattro® all-wheel drive, offering high-precision and dynamic handling through active torque distribution to both axles. The available quattro® sport rear differential can offer an even more dynamic driving experience by actively splitting torque between the wheels of the rear axle, with the ability to direct nearly all torque to one wheel, helping to maximize driving dynamics.Chassis and Suspension
Chassis and suspension features include:
For 2018, the S4's newly developed front and rear suspension allows for both a sporty driving experience and more comfortable ride for long distances. The redesigned front five-link suspension with lightweight construction offers greater steering precision and excellent handling through optimized steering-rack placement direct at wheel centers.
• Standard Audi drive select with four different modes – comfort, auto, dynamic and individual – allows the driver to change gear shift points, steering, throttle response, and available damper control and adaptive cruise control adjustments.
• Available sport adaptive damping suspension with a new suspension control unit (as part of the S sport package). This unit houses the software for suspension and damping control plus the sensors for measuring acceleration and yaw rates.
• Available dynamic steering, which offers a variable steering ratio that adjusts based on vehicle speed and the Audi drive select setting. At higher driving speeds, dynamic steering helps to improve straight-line stability, and at lower driving speeds, a more direct steering ratio is utilized to help increase steering response for easy maneuvering.Source - Audi